Thursday, September 12, 2013

Q&A with Guest Author Sascha Illyvich! #EroticRomance

Welcome Guest Author
Sascha Illyvich
to the Blog!

Welcome!  Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I'm Sascha Illyvich, famed bad boy of romance (writing) and I write paranormal, contemporary and erotic romance. 

LOL! Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

My latest release is Torn to Pieces, out from Sizzler Editions. Can Iolite help Kerian get over his emotional baggage while accepting both himself and her other lover? I had a better line than that, but it escapes me. Long day ;) 

My upcoming release from Decadent publishing is Paula's Craving and is about a man running from love he believes he doesn't deserve until Paula forces his hand and attempts to make him see just what she's seen in him for so many years. Again, a lame line but I didn't want to just quote promo.

Which character is your favorite and why?

I think there's a part of me in Ryan from Paula's Craving.  There's a little wickedness of mine in Siddella too from Menage Bound, and a little gentleness in Bruce from Surrender to Love

What are you working on right now?

I just turned edits in for Paula's Craving, first round at Decadent Publishing. Doing marketing, pre-release hype, and that sort of thing. My agent has a contemporary romance novella currently titled "Liliana's Awakening" I need to edit, and I need to get back to the romantic suspense I started back in June! 

What happened to the first book you ever wrote?

It came out as a shorter version called Paula's Craving. Funny, the original story never was finished, I moved out of the house and didn't have a laptop at the time, so it got buried. Once I bought a computer, I picked it back up in an attempt to resurrect it, but when I started learning other writing skills I dropped the book for short stories. Fourteen years after I started writing, and almost 20 after I started the first book, the idea popped back into my head, or rather, the characters did. I had to get it out. 

What do you find easiest and hardest to write?

The romantic suspense is turning out to be a challenge, but not because of writing.  The truth is, writing IS easy for me because I'm a meticulous plotter.  I have a varied imagination so once the questions start getting asked, I have to come up with answers. 

Have you incorporated actual events or people from your own life into your books?

I get this question all the time and the answer is yes!  I do this because (in most causes) the people incorporated into the books are the heroines I love on a deeper level and want to give them the best happily ever after they deserve.  If I've murdered you however…

Is there a theme or message that runs through your work?

I'd have to say trust in love.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

I’m not really that scary to approach ;)

Which romance book or series (or other genre, if you don’t write romance) do you wish you had written? 

Black Dagger Brotherhood!  Hands down!

Hollah! LOL Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

That'd probably be Joséf from Endangered, my upcoming Red Sage paranormal romance.  He's damaged, a little deranged, but capable of so much love if he'd only open himself up to the love offered by his triad. 

Okay, now, just for fun:

Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?  Dark.

Salty or sweet?  Umami. 

Bed or kitchen table?  Wherever she asks

Beach or mountains?  Ooh tough call. 

Give or receive?  Give

Excerpt, Surrender to Love:

“Please, let me show you how to own control?”
She gasped. The words she’d wanted to take back had come to her in the form of a person. A real, live person who…she didn’t know what. Livia watched him bow his head. What was with a man who could control the entire universe, dominate her rather large space, and still make himself subservient before her?
What would cause that behavior?
Worse yet, the way he knelt before her gave her a view of very broad shoulders beneath his black T-shirt. His hair hung thickly in a loose tail that stopped just at the small of his back. His musk, so male and potent made her nostrils flare. Something tightened low in her stomach. Her thighs grew damp. “Okay. So, how does this work?”
He looked up from the floor. “I have found that freedom, true freedom comes from when the body is restrained, stimulated and—” Standing, he leaned forward, pressing his lips into hers. “Forced to let the mind and heart work in tandem.”
He brushed his lips against hers one more time, the words echoing like silk over her mind. His voice caressed her, causing pinpricks to race up her spine. Her nipples hardened beneath the satin. She tried to move back from Bruce, but the desk and his large frame trapped her.
Slowly, his mouth caressed hers then his tongue swept over her bottom lip.
She tasted his plump lips. Fresh, sandalwood, hints of rose and cinnamon swirled around her nose, knocking her senses off balance. Her mind zeroed in on the image before her, a powerful man, willing to do her bidding while focusing on her pleasure. Some part of this still confused her.
Finally, Bruce pulled back from the kiss, set his hands on either side of her body, and returned to a kneeling position.
Her head swam and she had to steady herself against his shoulders, only to find that his face was at the level of her sex. “How would you go about restraining the body and stimulating it?”
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a two bundles of dark blue rope. “Silk helps for those who are afraid of iron.”
An eyebrow rose.
“The chair, a perfect place to hold you,” he indicated with a nod of his head. “You’ll sit with your hips at the edge, legs spread. Arms tied lightly.”
“It won’t hurt?” She looked at the chair, a high-end leather and wood piece of furniture with arms that could be used to hold her hands down if he tied her to it.
“If it does, I’ll loosen the ropes. Just ask.”
That was the problem. She could trust him; she felt somewhat safe with a man who seemed to be in so much control over himself. He could easily hurt her, but she didn’t get the sense that Bruce would. It was odd, but she really found him worth at least a shot. Livia had never asked for anything in her life. She’d always done for herself or gone without. Life had been tough going without, even as her income grew. Still, she wanted things and feared asking for them.
The question jumped from the back of her mind to her lips before she could stop it. “What if I get scared?”
Bruce looked into her eyes and smiled. “You simply say Bluetooth.”
“Bluetooth?” Her eyebrows furrowed.
“Yes. That’s your safeword. If you feel scared and want me to stop, you simply say it and all play of any sort ceases.”
The thought of all things ceasing at her asking gave her a rush as did the tone of his voice. The words again seemed to wrap around her ears in a symphony of seduction that curled like smoke over her bare skin. Her pussy tightened at the thought of him touching her. Her body thrummed with arousal.
“You start by taking control of yourself. You have already done that.” Bruce set a hand on her exposed thigh.
Tingles raced up straight up her back. Anticipation at how this could turn out built like butterflies buzzing in her stomach. She wanted this man. “Okay. So what now?”

Buy Surrender to Love on Amazon!

Where can we find you on the web?

Thanks so much for reading everyone! Did you have a favorite line from the excerpt?



Kiru Taye said...

Hi Sascha! Bad boy of romance? Nice. Your books look great and I enjoyed the excerpt. Now off to Amazon. ;)

Before I go, just wanted to give a wave to Laura. *waves*

Laura Kaye said...

Hi Kiru!!

Georgie Tyler said...

Oh, these are my kind of books! Love the excerpt.

Sascha Illyvich said...

Georgie and Kiru, thank you :) I hope to make you a long time fan! Thank you to Laura for hosting me!