Monday, June 17, 2013

Search for Arial Burnz's Midnight Hunt Scavenger Hunt Pieces! #bbb03hunt

Laura Kaye – June 17, 2013

A big thank you to Laura Kaye for hosting me on her site! Laura, I am honored that you’re able to kick off my cover reveal here today! *Virtual hugs* to you!!

What is the Scavenger Hunt?

This is not your typical cover reveal. We’re goin’ on a Scavenger Hunt! In short, I’ve split my new book cover for MIDNIGHT HUNT into fifteen puzzle pieces and scattered them across the Internet. From June 17th through July 1st, one piece a day will be revealed on a blog, website or one of my internet hangouts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.).

Gather the codes from all the pieces and send them to me at the end of the hunt and you’ll be entered into the drawing for Amazon or Barnes & Noble gift cards, a signed paperback copy of my new release MIDNIGHT HUNT, as well as some signed Romance Trading Cards and other swag (Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $65). Please click here for the details and my contact information, and here for Official Rules.

Today’s Puzzle Piece

Let’s start with the first piece! *drum roll* Tah-dah!

Okay…so it’s not much right now. But that code is very important!! Be sure to write that code down. You can right-click on the image and save it OR jot down the code somewhere. (Hint: You can always go back to my site where the links to the pieces will be consolidated on one page and updated throughout the Scavenger Hunt.)

Zooming In On the Piece…

Bonded By Blood is the name of my Vampire Chronicles…and it means more than just the blood connection through feeding. By the end of Midnight Conquest (Book 1 and 99¢ throughout the scavenger hunt), you’ll know exactly what the connection is and you’ll continue to learn the depth of the series title through the books I have planned. The main storyline of the series is covered in six books; however, I have at least two spin-offs from Midnight Eclipse (Book 4), which will take place in the 1700s amongst shapeshifting pirates, and several contemporary stories will branch off from Midnight Deliverer (Book 6), which takes place in the 21st century. The entire series spans from the early 1500s in Scotland to the 21st century in Los Angeles. Yes, the historical research has been a PITA…fun, but definitely grueling.

Exploring the Paranormal

While we’re hunting down pieces, we’ll be hunting down paranormal hotties and discussing what we love about them, too. Since the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles is primarily about, well…vampires…let’s start with them.

Vampires have always been an archetype for sex and sexuality. Especially forbidden pleasures!! Maybe it’s the biting on the neck. (Who doesn’t love an affectionate nibble?) Or the intimacy of giving your very life essence to another…perhaps even the implication that such a gift must be seduced from the giver. There have been dozens of psychological explanations and speculations about why vampires are so appealing. Personally, I can’t get enough of them. The whole nibble thing is a big turn-on, and the dark side of these sexy night stalkers is extremely appealing. Bad boys and girls, right?

Do you find vampires sexy? Why or why not? What has drawn you to these dark lovers?

I’ll be available if you have questions and I’m looking forward to interacting with everyone. (Be sure to save your venting for what you don’t like until later. I’ll give you a chance to do that the end of the hunt.)

Added Bonus: If you leave a comment for any of my characters, they just might surprise you with a response!! Rick and Angus have DEFINITELY been known to make appearances. (Click here if you’d like to learn more about my characters.)

Thanks again, Laura, for having me as a guest! Let the HUNT begin!

Welcome, Arial! And good luck everyone! Thanks for stopping by!


Arial Burnz said...

Hey, Laura!! Sooo sorry I'm late with my comment. I hit the ground running this morning.

Thank you soooo much for hosting me on your site today! Woo hoo for the launch of the cover reveal.

Don't forget, can leave a question for my characters. And let's hear what you love about SEXY vampires!!!

Arial ;)

AJ Nuest said...

Hi Arial! What a great scavanger hunt and FANTASTIC way to reveal your cover. And those prizes! Whoot! I'll be definitely following along to get in on the game. To answer your question, YES! I find vampires sexy. I have always been fascinated by them (ever since the original Dark Shadows...might be dating myself there) and have held a long love affair with these mesmerizing creatures of the night! I think it's their dominating presence I find so alluring...and the fact that they live forever. Sounds good to me! LOL Never met a vamp I didn't like! Off now to email and tweet about the hunt!

Arial Burnz said...

Thanks for spreading the news, AJ!

LOL...Dark Shadows! You mean the movie with Johnny Depp, right?? *nudge, nudge* I haven't seen that one yet.

Yes! Most vampires - male and female alike - are very alpha, aren't they? Hrmmmm...dominating presence. I wonder if there's little BDSM in Broderick's future! O.O Sounds like a perfect opportunity in Book 4 with my Shapeshifting Norse Pirates!

And I'll admit, the immortality thing is VERY appealing.

Thanks so much for stopping by, AJ!!!

Broderick MacDougal said...

Arial...what are you getting me into? BDSM???

And AJ...greetings, lass! It's been a while. Am I to thank YOU for Arial's tangent on the BDSM? Perhaps a spanking is in order. ;)

Lovely to see you, AJ!

Now that the sun is down and I've fed for the evening, I am available for questions. At present, I am enjoying the soft patter of the rain outside in London. Tea anyone?


Sharon Smith said...

oh yes finally a game I can get into. So first to answer your question what do I like about vampires the fact that they only exist in books. But I love your portrayal of Broderick what a hunk... what a hunk.... he's the epitome of mysterious Ooohhh wwwee. Can wait for the next title release. I will be jotting down the codes and looking for the puzzle pieces each and every day.


Sharon Smith said...

oh yes finally a game I can get into. So first to answer your question what do I like about vampires the fact that they only exist in books. But I love your portrayal of Broderick what a hunk... what a hunk.... he's the epitome of mysterious Ooohhh wwwee. Can wait for the next title release. I will be jotting down the codes and looking for the puzzle pieces each and every day.


Arial Burnz said...

Hey, Sharon!! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm so glad you're excited about the Scavenger Hunt. I knew you'd have fun!

LOL! Your comment about vampires cracked me up! And of course I love it that you love Broderick.

Thanks again for leaving a comment!


Laura Kaye said...

Glad to have you here, Arial!

Broderick MacDougal said...

Greetings, Sharon!

So you like that vampires only exist in books, eh? Looks like I'll have to show you otherwise. Perhaps by visiting you in your dreams? ;)

Thank you leaving a comment, lass.


Arial Burnz said...

Hey, Laura!! Glad to be here!! :D

Arial Burnz said...

Thanks for having me as a guest today, Laura! It was a great pleasure! I'll be checking back for comments all during the Scavenger Hunt.

Arial ;)

Kira McGrath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kira McGrath said...

so i was saying....Hope its not too late to comment. Vampires only in books? Bah! Where is the fun in that?
And yes, who doesn't like a little nibble by a total hot and alpha male eh'

I don't think so much it is the why people like this is just my opinion on this..but..its more about the deeper connection shared between the vampire and his "mate" or "prey" lol by sharing of the blood. The intimate connection and bond shared, as if its down to the soul. There is nothing like that...oh as mentioned earlier..especially with a hot and demanding alpha male..C'mon! Who doesn't swoon over that :)

Angus Campbell said...

So here's where you wandered off to, little Kira. I believe I missed you over there on Google+.

Aye, you are correct. There is indeed that intimacy with my prey...especially when we Vamsyrians learn everything about that person - their whole life experience up until that moment we feed from them. And the added benefit for the victim...a type of euphoric, even...dare I say...orgasmic sensation when fed from.

I'll leave you with those thoughts to ponder. (wicked grin)

Kira McGrath said...

Its about time you caught up with me....
So then i must ask, Did you like what you saw through my experiences that is, Or do wish to see more? Truly is a shame that you completely strip me of the privelage to remember such a euphoric experience. Perhaps you might be so generous as to grace me with your presence this evening so we can discuss your abused privilege. I may be able to change your mind *innocent smile*

Lawren Bokman said...

I have always found vampires really alluring. I think what it is for me is that there has to be a give and take, even if it is brief. The vampire gets something very intimate, your blood (essence), and you get to feel the power and sexiness of being taken. There is something about surrendering and feeling secure about it. I wonder though do the vampires surrender to it as well? Because if all I had to do was give some blood to get that feeling then I am get one hell of a deal.

Arial Burnz said...

LOL...I know what you mean...pretty darn good deal, eh? Especially in the case of my books. The one being fed from has a very euphoric experience, very drug-like.

I'll get Rick to give his input on this.

Thanks so much for stopping by and participating! I hope you enjoy the rest of the hunt. ;)

Broderick MacDougal said...

Greetings, Lawren...

Thank you for sharing such personal information about the feeding experience. There is definitely an intimacy involved that is entirely necessary. A vampire must have close contact with the victim.

Very intimate indeed.

Lawren Bokman said...

*Waves* Hello Broderick thanks for commenting about my post. I only swooned a little, promise. But I have to say that I would not call the person being drunk from a victim. Unless they are being forced of course. But biting doesn't make them a victim if they are willing ;).
And thanks Arial for commenting back!

Arial Burnz said...

Hey, Lawren!! Rick's down for the day in the UK, but I do know how he feels about this. As far as Rick is concerned, they're victims. He's got a little bit of a guilty conscience about the whole feeding ordeal.

Angus might agree with you if he didn't actually take from his victims. He enjoys the taste of fear, so he would hardly be asking for permission or making it enjoyable for the one being fed from. He's a bit of a bastard.

But I completely agree...SWOON! LOL! Rick's a hottie!

Thanks so much for participating!! Let me know if you have any other comments or want either of the boys to chime in. ;)

Lawren Bokman said...

Poor Rick, it must be hard to hate to do something that have to do to survive. I am sure that he does it in the most considerate way possible. As for Angus I read in his character profile that he had a rough childhood with his step father being a bastard to him. So I can see why he would have to be a bastard just to survive. Maybe he just needs something in his life worth being good for, help him see the merit in it. I am not familiar with the story but I find it odd that Angus would hate a clan just because his step father does. Why would he want to follow the ideas of someone so cruel to him? I am new to the story so I don't know. :)

Arial Burnz said...

Hello, Lawren!

I love your insight into GET me! Why Angus hates the MacDougal clan is more personal than just through his step-father, who started the whole clan war. Angus's motivation is indeed revealed in the overarching storyline of the series. I touch upon it both in MIDNIGHT CONQUEST (Book 1) and MIDNIGHT CAPTIVE (Book 2). MIDNIGHT HUNT (Book 3) will definitely expose a little more of Angus's impetus...and turn the tables for him a little.

And as for Rick's feeding habits, that's also explained in the books. I do hope you'll take a look at them, as they will definitely answer all your questions.

I appreciate all your comments and observations! Thanks, Lawren!