Tuesday, May 21, 2013

#HeartsinDarkness Has a New Cover! #Indie #ReleaseDay

Click here for the Wet & Wild Hop Post!
I recently received the rights back from my publisher on Hearts in Darkness, my first published book. Now, I'm thrilled to share with you the new cover for Hearts in Darkness!  

Buy at Amazon | B&N | Smashwords | ARe
Kobo and iBookstore are forthcoming!
Two strangers…

Makenna James thinks her day can't get any worse, until she finds herself stranded in a pitch-black elevator with a complete stranger. Distracted by a phone call, the pin-striped accountant catches only a glimpse of a dragon tattoo on his hand before the lights go out.

Four hours…

Caden Grayson is amused when a harried redhead dashes into his elevator fumbling her bags and cell phone. His amusement turns to panic when the power fails. Despite his piercings, tats, and vicious scar, he's terrified of the dark and confined spaces. Now, he's trapped in his own worst nightmare.

One pitch-black elevator…

To fight fear, they must reach out and open up. With no preconceived notions based on looks to hold them back, they discover just how much they have in common. In the warming darkness, attraction grows and sparks fly, but will they feel the same when the lights come back on?
Also available in paperback!

This book is 95% identical to the original publication. The only difference is a bit of editing and the addition of an interview with Caden to the back matter (you can find a similar interview here so don't buy just for that).

I know a lot of you were nervous about the cover changing, so now I'm wondering: what do you think???

Oh, also, bookmarks and romance trading cards to come! :)

Thanks for visiting!

Laura

11 comments:

Andrea @The Bookish Babes said...

Looks great!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Andrea!

Beckey said...

Congrats on your re-release and getting the rights back on the book. :)
The cover art is fantastic :)

Carin said...

It looks AWESOME! Laura this is my favorite book :O)

Laura Kaye said...

Aw, you guys rock! Thanks!!

Sophia Rose said...

I think it looks fabulous and hasn't lost anything in the change. Those awards look good on it too. Congrats!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Sophia Rose! xoxo!

RALCMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rhondaal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rhondaal said...

That cover is so damn hottttt!! It's what initially caught my attention before I even read the synopsis. Let me just say...I absolutely LOVED this book. My one and only complaint...it was too short...I wanted to keep reading about Makenna & Caden--didn't want their story to end. Will this be the only book about them? I'll be really sad if it is. But if it is the only book I've come away with the belief that they got the "happily ever after." I will be checking out your other books because I really like your writing style. (Sorry for the deleted comment above, had to fix a typo. :-\ ) Congrats on getting your rights back!

Elizabeth Holt said...

I love the new cover! I agree with rhondaal's comment, my only complaint is that the story was so short. Do you think you will write another book about Makenna and Caden? I love your books, thank you for writting them!