Welcome Guest Author
to the Blog!
See below for her giveaway!
I'm thrilled to welcome my friend Robin Covington to the blog today to celebrate her newest release, His Southern Temptation. I'm handing the blog over to Robin, so read on...
His Southern Temptation Playlist…get lucky with the music that inspired the book.
Laura – thanks so much for having me here today. I don’t know about you but I always write a book with a particular playlist loaded on to my iPod. Now, I’m a self-described “music slut” with 5511 songs on my player so I have tons to choose from when it comes down to setting my story to a tune.
My playlist for contains 19 songs and while they all fit the theme and the characters there were a few that immediately took me “there” whenever I turned them on. If I needed to quickly get in the head of either Lucky or Taylor, these were the songs that transported me to the place in my head and heart where they live. So, here you go:
- Mama’s Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert: The lyrics of this song are what got me into Taylor’s head. When she talks about screaming until the barflies and the Baptists knew her heartbreak and the response of her mother to basically suck it up and save face – that is Taylor in a 3 minute nutshell
- Skinny Dipping by Whitney Duncan: This song about stripping it ALL off under the water with that special someone actually inspired an entire scene and took me back to growing up in a small southern town, sweet southern boys and moonlit swims. (oooh la la!)
- Drunk on You by Luke Bryan: “Girl you make my speakers go boom boom”. Lucky would have totally sung that line to Taylor . . . it had to go on the playlist.
- I Love You by the Eli Young Band: This songs talks about how each person finds what they are supposed to do with their life – it might be building houses, farming, writing a book – but the songwriter knows his purpose is to love this one girl. That is what Lucky realizes in this book and it was the foundation of his character for me.
- My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean: A party out by the lake with all the Boys and a bunch of hot girls? Of course!
- Wine after Whiskey by Carrie Underwood: Taylor had the best with Lucky and nothing else will ever live up to that. No one else will carry the burn and fire of him for her but she fights it all the way.
- Heaven by Jake Owen: I knew that Lucky had “that” special place- his heaven on earth – and Taylor would be the first woman he ever took there. This song fits that moment perfectly.
To by Sugarland: If Lucky and Taylor have a theme song – this is it. This
book is all about their moment to choose, their moment to decide if they
take that step towards happiness together or give it up for good. As the
lyrics say, “We could keep things just the same/ Leave here the way we
came with nothing to lose
But I don't want to, if you don't want to.”
Some women are bad. Some women are a bad idea. The best ones are both…
A former Black Ops assassin, “Lucky” Landon has had more near-misses than a man should ever have. Now he’s out of that business and settling into the simple life in his small hometown. So the last thing he ever expected was to end up at gunpoint. Or that the woman holding the gun would be his best friend’s little sister and Lucky’s on-again/off-again lover.
Taylor Elliott is Trouble, and she likes it that way. And seeing Lucky again? Well, he’s been her dirty little secret for the past few years and everyone knows that secrets in a small town are almost impossible to keep. But Taylor has bigger problems on her plate. Like the local mob boss who wants her dead.
And right now the only thing standing between Trouble and disaster is a hottie named Lucky…
Buy His Southern Temptation:
He relaxed his stance enough for her to brush his abdomen with the back of her hand. His T-shirt was warm, soft, and clinging to the hard muscle underneath. He stiffened at her touch, his jaw tightening into a firm edge, eyes narrowed to slits of darkest blue in the dim light. She could almost hear the voice in his head rehearsing the million reasons why he was going to tell her no.
Taylor took a half-step closer, now able to fully explore the breadth of his chest with both hands. Lucky’s breath hitched when her fingernail grazed his nipple and she almost took pity on him when his heartbeat kicked up another notch. She was faring no better, this proximity was making her hands shake and the heat gathering in her belly was consuming her. Leaning up on tiptoe, she traced the line of his neck with her lips—not quite kissing, but enough pressure to leave goose bumps in her wake.
“Stay with me.” Now, she tasted him, punctuating her request with a small bite just below his ear followed by a moist kiss to soothe the burn. He tasted so good—male, spicy and accented by the tang of sweat. Her mouth watered as she mindlessly made her way to his mouth, unable to resist having more of what she’d sampled earlier on the parlor floor.
His lips were supple and open for her. Warm, wet mouth, tongue like velvet as it tangled with hers. The arousal from their earlier encounter was only a banked fire, never fully extinguished and now it flared back to life, making her burn. Her knees gave out and Taylor bunched his shirt in one hand, the other one hooking into the waistband of his jeans to keep from sliding down to the ground. One touch of his hard body and she couldn’t resist exploring further, her fingers dipping down to trace the rigid length of his cock through the soft denim. He was hot, filling her palm with the weight of his desire.
The duffle bag hit the floor with a thud, freeing Lucky to weave his fingers in her hair, tugging gently to tilt her head at an angle to align their mouths better for a deeper, wetter kiss. This one was dark, filled with need and years of lust as he forcefully controlled the depth and pressure of the kiss—his passion taking it to the sharp edge of total possession.
Robin Covington, who NYT Best Selling authors, Robyn Carr and Carly Phillips, said was their new “auto-buy author”, writes sizzling hotcontemporary and paranormal romance.
A Night of Southern Comfort, her best-selling debut novel earned 4.5 stars and was touted by RT Book Reviews as bringing a “fresh, modern feel to the genre while still sticking to the things that get our adrenaline pumping — sex and danger”. When she’s not exploring the theme of fooling around and falling in love, she’s collecting tasty man candy, indulging in a little comic book geek love, and stalking Joe Mangianello.
Robin is a member of the Romance Writers of America, the Washington Romance Writers, a faculty member at Romance University, a member of the Waterworld Mermaids, and a contributor to the Happy Ever After blog at USA Today.
Robin lives in Maryland with her hilarious husband, brilliant children, and ginormous puppy.
Find Robin on the Web At:
Giveaway: Robin is giving away a $10 iTunes giftcard to a lucky commenter – just tell the song you love most on your playlist right now. Must include email address in comment. Open to international. Contest ends midnight EST on 4/18. Go!
Leave Robin some new release love! And thanks for reading!