Sunday, February 17, 2013

Blood. Fangs. Orgasm. #InTheServiceoftheKing #SundayExcerpt

Click Here for the Cupid's Playground Blog Hop!
Happy Sunday everyone! Since February marks the one-year publication anniversary of IN THE SERVICE OF THE KING, the first in my Vampire Warrior Kings series, I thought I'd share an excerpt from this book today! I've always called the consummation scene in this book my most erotic non-sex scene. Here's a taste of why...
Shayla was utterly unprepared for the ecstasy of drinking directly from him. On the first full pull of his blood, she came so hard she went blind for the full duration of her orgasm. Brilliant light filled her entire visual field as every nerve and muscle in her body seized and jerked. Her juices trickled from her and slicked up her thighs.

 Kael's tight embrace supported her and he cried out a victorious roar that echoed through the hall.

 Her entire physiology seemed to explode and remake itself as his blood completed the alterations she now knew the mating mark had begun. Almost instantly, she felt lighter, healthier, stronger, invincible.

 And then his fangs punctured the tender spot at the base of her throat, and Kael began to feed from her as she fed from him.
Buy at B&N | Amazon

Thanks so much for reading and hopefully commenting, too!

Laura

5 comments:

Siren Star said...

That was just too hot! And not something I was expecting, half asleep at 5am.

I really wish I had more time to read books, and not textbooks. This book has been on my To Read list :)

I am now ready to take on writing my six...I mean eight ;)

S. J. Maylee said...

The visceral responses took me right into this scene. <--One of the many things I love about your writing. Happy Anniversary. :D

JoAnne Kenrick said...

ohh great choice!! I loved this story. And WOOT grats on the 1yr anniversary xx how time flies,eh!!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for stopping by, guys! :)

Bratty said...

Looks lovely! Can't wait to read an "oldie but goodie" :)