Friday, December 21, 2012

The Twelve Days of Deadline Hell: An Ode for Authors


On the first day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the second day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 2 candy bars and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the third day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the fourth day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 4 Angry Birds, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the fifth day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 5 HOURS ON TWITTER!, 4 Angry Birds (all right! high score!), 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the sixth day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 6 naps a taking, 5 HOURS ON TWITTER! (#1k1hr's, that was it, I swear), 4 Angry Birds, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the seventh day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 7 nights no sleeping, 6 naps a taking, 5 HOURS ON TWITTER! (oh, look, a new review!), 4 Angry Birds, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the eighth day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 8 blogs a hopping, 7 nights no sleeping, 6 naps a taking, 5 HOURS ON TWITTER! (did you read that post on...), 4 Angry Birds, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars (and some M&Ms), and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the ninth day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 9,000 words a writing, 8 blogs a hopping, 7 nights no sleeping, 6 naps a taking, 5 HOURS ON TWITTER! (Good morning! Congrats! Thank you! #FF! #SixSunday!), 4 Angry Birds, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the tenth day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 10 Oh my Gods, what do I do? What do I do? Holy crap I'm in so much trouble!, 9,000 words a writing, 8 blogs a hopping, 7 nights no sleeping, 6 naps a taking, 5 HOURS ON TWITTER! (come on, they were talking about the Black Dagger Brotherhood, what did you expect me to do???), 4 Angry Birds, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the eleventh day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 11K words fast drafted, 10 Oh my Gods, what do I do? What do I do? Holy crap I'm in so much trouble!, 9,000 words a writing, 8 blogs a hopping, 7 nights no sleeping, 6 naps a taking, 5 HOURS ON TWITTER! (actually, it was 5 hours on Facebook...Man Wars!!! Woot!), 4 Angry Birds, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny

On the twelfth day of deadline hell, my stress level gave to me, 12 editor emails, 11K words fast drafted, 10 Oh my Gods, what do I do? What do I do? Holy crap I'm in so much trouble!, 9,000 words a writing, 8 blogs a hopping, 7 nights no sleeping, 6 naps a taking, 5 HOURS ON TWITTER! (Hey! They were rewards for writing!), 4 Angry Birds, 3 headaches, 2 candy bars, and an awesome, evil plot bunny 

Can I get an amen??? Who else is singing this right now???

Well, if you are, I wish you all the best! Happy holidays everyone! Thanks for reading (singing???),

Laura

23 comments:

Tonya Burrows said...

So awesome! Can anyone sing? I want a recording of this. :D

Victoria said...

Have A Very Happy Holiday Laura!

Vickie said...

OMG that is so funny!

Laura Kaye said...

Tonya - we could call ourselves the Procrastinations! LOL

Thanks guys! ;)

Jessica Lee said...

Amen, Sister! LOL I'm feeling your pain at this very moment. Hang in there!

Tonya Burrows said...

YES! The Procrastinations. Ooo, now I wish I wasn't totally tone deaf.

redzsm said...

OMG! Thats too funny :)

-Selena Mc

Michelle McLean said...

you can most definitely get an AMEN! lol going to bookmark this ;)

Robin Covington said...

OMG!!! Get out of my head . . . I am sooooo there!

Thanks for a great chuckle.

Robin

Laura Kaye said...

LOL!

robertatrahan said...

I'm about to overdose on that stress reduction kit :)

Louisa Bacio said...

Hilarious. But, don't want to hit my head on the laptop screen!

Lisa Kessler said...

Ha! I'm so glad I finished my book Dec. 1st or I'd be banging my head for sure!!! :)

Hang in there Laura Kaye!!! Hope you take a break for Santa!!!

*HUGS*

Lisa :)

Zoe Dawson said...

Laura - This was so amazing! Thanks for the laugh. I needed that as I frantically work on getting my book finished so I can upload to Amazon. Happy, Happy Holidays! Zoe

Sasha Summers said...

Aaaammmmeeeennnnnn!!! Using kit *NOW*

Willa Blair said...

Brava! You nailed it. Hilarious! Great way to start my morning.

Hai-Yen said...

Laura, this is hilarious! I love your sense of humour :) Hang in there, I know you can do it! Almost over now. Once all deadlines are met, you can kick back and relax. We, your devoted fans, are impatiently waiting for your hot new reads so please go ahead and type, type away LOL Happy Holidays and may 2013 be filled with more Marcos, Bradys and all the hot alphas that you're willing to throw our way! Take good care of yourself, Laura, because you are precious.

Laura Kaye said...

@Hai-Yen - you are so sweet! That's some great writing motivation right there! Happy holidays to you, too!

Shelley said...

Made me laugh.
Just finished one twelve day round, banged head this morning, went Christmas shopping, and now am starting on the next one evil plot bunny. May have to take a break to wrap some presents.

Hai-Yen said...

Thank you! Hmm I think I will spend some quality time getting to know Owen better as I have yet read his story. With all this snow in my neck of the wood, I might build me a snowman, too *wink* And while I'm at it, I intend to get acquainted with Zephyros. Ooh happy reading anticipation! :)

Sara Hantz said...

HAHAHA that is so funny!!

aarbaugh said...

Omigosh you're hilarious. I'm saying the sames things on a smaller scale and with a few changes. It's good that we have a sense of humor about these things. Thanks for making me laugh. Have a great Christmas.

Aileen Harkwood said...

This is a Christmas writer's classic! LOL!!