Sunday, December 2, 2012

Joss is getting way under Brady's skin... #SixSunday #OneNightwithaHero

Happy Sunday everyone! This week I've got six more from my contemporary romance, One Night with a Hero. Last week, Joss took care of Brady when he was sick. This week, her kindness is getting way under his skin...

Maybe what she had done wouldn’t be a big deal to someone used to that kind of treatment, but he wasn’t. Not since his mom died of a stroke when he was seventeen, anyway. Afterward, he was always the one providing the care. For all intents and purposes, he raised Alyssa after their mother passed. Not that he resented it one bit, but their father hadn’t left him any choice—his wife’s death destroyed him, and he lost his mind and every bit of kindness he’d once possessed in bottle after bottle of vodka.

 Now, Brady was struggling to keep Joss’s compassion from crawling deep under his skin and making him yearn for more.
Buy at Amazon | B&N

Be sure to visit the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter! Thanks for reading and hopefully commenting, too!

Laura


Also, may I ask a favor?

Please consider voting for HER FORBIDDEN HERO for Sizzling Read of the YearThanks!!!

30 comments:

S. J. Maylee said...

The passion and pain in this 6 is thick. Love it.

Jessica Subject said...

I think it's too late for him. She's already under his skin. Great six! Voted! Good luck! :)

allaboutthewriting.com said...

This is great -- I love this guy and can't wait to read his book.

Congrats on the Sizzling Read nomination. :)

@BookEmDonna

Tonya Burrows said...

Aw, I love Brady <3

Rashda Khan said...

Congrats on the nomination! I'll go vote :)

Also, love the way you brought in his backstory & emotional wound in this snippet!

Krystal Shannan said...

Great six! Totally sucked me in. I have a feeling she's already very much under his skin :-)

Veronica Scott said...

He might as well give up the battle, clearly she's gotten to him inagoodway. Loved this six! (And I went and voted...)

laynapimentel.com said...

Mmm I think he should just give in to temptation. :)

Sandra Bunino said...

Powerful six! I'm adding this to my TBR list. :)

Jenna said...

Interesting how you never see a need for something you're missing, until you get that one little taste of it. Then you crave it all the more. He knows he's in trouble! Great six.

Eleri Stone said...

Awww, Brady! Love him. Great bit of characterization here, Laura!!

Stephanie Sullivan said...

Great six, Laura! I love the name Joss and the book cover is stunning. Happy Sunday!

Amy Gregory said...

Wow, you can really feel his turmoil.. poor guy! Great six hon!

Victoria said...

Great six. He won't win this battle.

governingana said...

Intriguing and makes me want to know more!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

I think it is way too late for him. lol Great six!!

Amy said...

Love this six! I think Brady's already a goner! So excited to read this book!

Amy Durham

P.S. I voted!!

Claire Gillian said...

Lovely six. Men can't help but fall for nurturers. He's a goner. :)

Cara Bristol said...

Your characters always have so much depth. Great job, Laura.

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

Sounds like she's exactly what he needs -- a good dose of TLC.

Evelyn Jules said...

Awesome six, Laura! Love your style and the flow of your writing. Great work!

Dara said...

I'm just imagining ALL the ways she's going to get under his skin! Very nice six!

Dara Ames

patonlorraine said...

Great six, Laura! I want to give him a big hug. And, congrats on your nomination!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and votes, guys!! xo!

angelaquarles.com said...

Aw, sweet 6! I wanted to give him a hug too!

Siobhan Muir said...

Ha! Good luck with that, buddy. Great six, Laura. :)

Paloma Beck said...

It's such a telling passage. You give readers a lot of insight into Brady here.

S E Gilchrist said...

Love his internal struggle, and she sounds just what he needs.

Siren Star said...

Aww...poor guy. Great six!

sarahballance said...

This gave me chills! Amazing six, and THANK YOU for the warm welcome to Entangled!