Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Welcome Guest Author Alice Clayton #Wallbanger

Welcome Guest Author
Alice Clayton
to the Blog
on her Release Day!!!

Welcome, Alice!  Please share a little about yourself and what you write.

Thank you so much for having me! I love to write comedic erotica, or funny smut.

LOL! Sounds great! So, tell us a little about your new release.

Wallbanger is my newest novel, and I am so pleased to finally be able to share this book with everyone. Set in one of my all time favorite cities, San Francisco, Wallbanger is the story of Caroline Reynolds and Simon Parker. When Caroline moves into a new apartment, she is startled out of bed not by an earthquake, but by some very loud “banging” from next door. We know it’s Simon over there by the woman that is calling out his name. Repeatedly. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension is gonna be thick!

I can’t help but smile reading that description! Which character is your favorite and why?

I think in this book my favorite character is Jillian, who is Caroline’s boss and mentor. She is based on a hybrid of two of my mentors from my former professional career. I was lucky enough to work with some amazing women, two of whom were as funny as they were smart and they influence me still to this day. Jillian is a hard worker, but she is open and loving and warm, with a very smart ass attitude, a dream boss for me.

That’s awesome! As the author, what surprised you about this story?

How much fun I had spending my time with these characters.

*grins* Will there be any sequels or other books in the same series?

No, Wallbanger stands alone. Like the cheese.

*snort* What was the hardest thing for you about writing this story?

Editing. I removed a character and then put the character back in at literally the 11th hour, and that was tough. But it worked out for the best.

New Redhead covers!!! Buy
What are you working on right now?

I am finishing up Book 3 in The Redhead Series, which I have been working on for 107 years. And I have started working on something brand new: cooking and New York City and restaurants and lots and lots of chemistry.

Ooh, sounds promising! What happened to the first book you ever wrote?

You’ve read it! The Unidentified Redhead!

What do you find easiest and hardest to write?

Smexy times easy, angsty times not so much.
Aren't they gorgeous? Buy

Have you incorporated actual events or people from your own life into your books?

Oh goodness yes, as I mentioned before Jillian is based on real people, the character of Holly in The Redhead Series is based on my best friend Keili.

Is there a theme or message that runs through your work?

Sex and Funny. I have to have both.

Works for me! What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

That I am so very pretty.

*gigglesnort* Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

Right now it’s Simon, he’s pretty great.

Okay, now, just for fun:

Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Milk.

Salty or sweet? Salty.

Bed or kitchen table? Kitchen FLOOR

Beach or mountains? Mountains

Buy on Amazon!
Give or receive? Same time BOTH
Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

 Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

 Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

 In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.
Excerpt:

I shook my head at the sight of Simon in a black T-shirt and weathered jeans. He was in his stocking feet once again, and I marveled at how at ease he seemed in my kitchen.

I walked around the kitchen counter and picked up my rolling pin. “You know, I won’t think twice about whacking you over the head with this if you continue this borderline sexual harassment,” I warned, running my hand up and down the rolling pin suggestively.

“I’m gonna have to ask you not to do that if you’re serious about me peeling apples here,” he said, eyes widening.

“I never joke about pie, Simon.” I sprinkled a little more flour on the marble.

He was silent while he watched me pat out the pie crust, breathing through his mouth. “So, what are you gonna do with that?” he asked, his voice low.

“With this?” I asked, leaning over the board, and perhaps arching my back a little as I did.

“Mmm-hmm,” he replied.

“I’m gonna roll this crust out. See, like this?” I teased again, thrusting the pin back and forth over the dough, making sure I arched my back each time and the forward action pushed my girls together.

“Oh my,” he whispered, and I grinned naughtily at him.

“You gonna be okay over there, big guy? This is just the top crust, I still need to work on my bottom,” I said over my shoulder.

His hands clutched at the edge of the counter. “Apples. Apples. Gonna peel me some apples,” he told himself and turned away toward the colander filled with apples in the sink.

“Let me just get you the peeler,” I said, coming up behind him and pressing myself against him as I curled around his side to grab the vegetable peeler from the other sink. This was fun.

“Peeling apples, just peeling apples. Didn’t feel your boobs. No, no, not me,” he chanted as I openly laughed at him.

“Here, peel this,” I said, taking pity on him and removing myself from his cooking space. I might have sniffed his T-shirt.

“Did you just sniff me?” he asked, keeping himself turned away.

“I might have,” I admitted, going back to my rolling pin, which I squeezed mightily.

“I thought so.”

“Hey, if you can sniff, I can sniff,” I shot back, taking out my sexual frustration on a defenseless Pâte Brisée.

“Only fair. So how do I rate?”

“Good. Very good, actually. Downy?”

“Bounce. I lost my Downy ball,” he confessed.

I laughed, and we continued to roll and peel.
Where can we find you on the web?
You can find me on aliceclayton.com or on twitter @alice_clayton You can also hear me on Not Your Mother’s Podcast, a comedy show I co-host with 2 of my besties.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page
Thanks so much for visiting me, Alice! Alright everyone, leave Alice some new release love! Did you have a favorite line from the excerpt?

Thanks for reading!

Laura

9 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Congrats on your new release. Loved your blurb and fun excerpt too.

C. L. Pardington said...

Hi Laura and Alice! Congratulations on your new release. I am definitely going to go buy it. Loved the excerpt!

shellbelle said...

This sounds like a fun book. I am definately putting it on my list! Loved the excerpt....girl you make a downy ball downright sexy!

Beautiful Disaster said...

Hi and congrats on new release. My fave line was about just rolling out the top crust still got the bottom one ;) I don't read a lot of erotica but the excerpt has me adding it to my Christmas list. Thanks :)

Rhonda D said...

Ok, first congrats! Now, OMG I am so buying this. I need a good laugh. I love a romance novel that makes you laugh. Sometimes you just need a good pick me up. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Love this and can´t wait for my chance to read, =) Happy Release!!

best wishes, Linda

Jen Purcell said...

Ok...sounds so good...but went to buy...out of stock?..and no ebook...help!

Laura Kaye said...

Not sure why Amazon hasn't linked the ebook and paperbacks yet, but here's the ebook link:

http://www.amazon.com/Wallbanger-ebook/dp/B00ADRU4A6/ref=la_B006T9XV8E_1_3_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354047248&sr=1-3

Rowena Hailey said...

I'm really looking forward to this one! I remember seeing it on a few 'buzz' lists, but it wasn't until I read a blog review that I actually knew what it was about. I'm really looking forward to it!

Rowena Hailey (Washington Personal Injury Attorneys)