Sunday, November 18, 2012

Brady resists what he most needs... #SixSunday #OneNightwithaHero

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I've got six more from my new contemporary romance, One Night with a Hero! This is the moment immediately after Brady and Joss have sex for the second time:
Running on pure instinct now, Brady stepped back and helped her down. Her knees went soft when she hit the floor, so he scooped her into his arms and made his way through the house and upstairs to where her bathroom should be. She was warm and pliant in his arms and the sensation of her nuzzling into the crook of his neck shouldn’t have felt as good as it did.

The monster of his ancient anger stalked back and forth at the gates of his mind. But he was ignoring that motherfucker for all he was worth.

Because, since he never allowed himself this—any of this, really—he had no idea how fucking good it could all feel, right down to her arms holding him.
Buy at Amazon | B&N
Add to your shelves on Goodreads 

Don't forget to visit the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter! Thanks for reading and hopefully commenting, too! And for those who celebrate it, have a wonderful Thanksgiving this Thursday!

Laura

***Want a chance to win a cool prize? Check out my Fresh Fiction Pandora Bracelet Giveaway!

21 comments:

Siren Star said...

I was about to write my six. And then I saw you had yours up already, so I decided to stop by early :)

Beautiful six! Just a great passage with his thoughts! And I could totally picture her in his arms.

S E Gilchrist said...

Wow.... the monster of his ancient anger...etc...wonderful sentence. Another great six here. thank u for sharing.

Alix Cameron said...

Beautifully written, and I love the cover! Hot.

S. J. Maylee said...

Sensual and tender. Sweet 6.

Jessica Subject said...

Wow, I love all of the deep emotion in this six. Fabulously written! :)

cassandradean.com said...

What a wonderful, emotion-ladden six. Such a great description of the aftermath :)

Jenna said...

This is the way a happy ever after starts. Realizing how good it feels to be with this one person. Lovely six.

laynapimentel.com said...

So glad he's finally letting go and embracing the moment.

It's amazing the kind of joy that holding another person can bring.

Tristina said...

Brady makes my heart do twisty, hurty things in my chest. I love him so much.

Victoria said...

I love him :).

Veronica Scott said...

This book is on my TBR list but today's excerpt was SO warm and emotion packed I'm tempted to abandon holiday house cleaning, sit down and READ. Great six!

Mackenzie Crowne said...

No rationalization for Brady. Gotta love his self-defiant stance in taking what he needs.

Very sexy six.

kristalbaird said...

Powerful, yet romantic. Nice.

patonlorraine said...

Aw, he sounds wonderful! Love your snippet! :)

Shannyn said...

Wow! These are some fabulously powerful lines. I love his "ancient anger stalking..." It says a lot. Great 6

valclarizio said...

Nice six, great emotion.

skyewarren said...

Aww, tortured hero so sexy ;-)

Sandra Sookoo said...

Sounds like a great book :-)

allaboutthewriting.com said...

I love this -- I've got this on my Nook. I wish I could also download some time to read. :)

@BookEmDonna

Laura Kaye said...

@BookEmDonna - wouldn't that be awesome??? Thanks!

Siobhan Muir said...

Great six, Laura. I love the sweetness of it and your description of his anger. Nicely done. It truly dragged me into the story. :)