Thursday, October 18, 2012

Meet Brady Scott from my 10/20 release #OneNightWithaHero!

I'm so so excited for the release in just two days of my contemporary romance ONE NIGHT WITH A HERO, the sequel to HER FORBIDDEN HERO, which hit the Top 100 bestseller lists on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble. 

Here's an excerpt from Her Forbidden Hero where you get to meet Marco's best friend, Alyssa's brother, and One Night's hero, Brady Scott. Brady has just learned that his best friend is in love with his little sister...: 


“I have to ask you straight up, man, and I know you’re not going to like it.”

Marco braced for one of a dozen possible questions and motioned for him to continue.

“Are you too fucked up with everything that happened to do right by my baby sister?”

For a long moment, Marco gave the question the consideration it deserved. “I’m not a hundred percent, but I’m doing better. And she makes me want to be better. This past year, half my problem has been floundering around without a purpose. With Alyssa, I’ve found a purpose again. Making her happy would be enough. It would be everything. So, no, I’m not too fucked up.”

Brady drilled him with a serious stare for a long moment, then smirked. “Just a little.”

Marco chuffed out half a laugh. “Just a little.”

“You know it wasn’t your fault, right? You’ve wrapped your head around that much, at least?”

“That would be in the part that isn’t right yet.”

“Marco—”

“You telling me it’s so isn’t going to convince me. I appreciate it, don’t get me wrong. But I have to find a way there on my own.”

Brady heaved a breath. “Aw, shit.” He paused a long moment. “My sister? Really?”

Marco saw the teasing in Brady’s eyes and gave in to a small smile. He shrugged.

“You realize if you ever hurt her, I’ll have to kill you.”

Rising to his feet, Marco nodded. “I’d expect nothing less. But there isn’t another man on this planet who knows as well as I do how much your sister deserves happiness.”

Brady stood and held out his hand. “True.” They shook, and Brady playfully smacked Marco’s bruised cheek.

“Gonna have a shiner. Sorry ’bout that.”

Marco prodded his sore cheekbone. “Shit hurts, too, motherfucker.”

I hope you'll love Brady as much as I do! He's hot, funny, intense, and a total smartass! Can't wait to share more of him with you!

Thanks for reading!
Laura

13 comments:

Jean Bowden said...

I am so excited!! Thank you Laura!

shellbelle said...

I love their friendship! Can't wait!

Phyllis M said...

Good Morning, Laura!! I am so looking forward to this book, but then again..I look forward to ALL your books!!! Thanks for the sneak peek!!

monamour said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for giving us a peek, makes the anticipation all the sweeter.

Cheers! Trayce (@lemonamour)

Laura Kaye said...

Yay! Two days! I can't wait guys! :D

Susan W. said...

I'm so looking forward to Brady's book!

Michelle MsRomanticReads said...

*sniff* That was so sweet! I love Brady being so protective of his sister, but not to the point that he'd interfere and try to talk them out of it. I think deep down he realizes that Alyssa could have done worse, and at least she loves someone Brady also cares about. I'm so looking forward to this! <3

Laura Kaye said...

Yay! You guys rock! I can't wait for this book to release! :)

redzsm said...

Can't wait for Brady!!

-Selena Mc

Yvette Nieves said...

I am so excited to read this book! xoxi

Yvette Nieves said...

I am so excited to read this book! xoxi

Cimmaron @ Talksupe said...

YES! So looking forward to this.

robertsonreads said...

Thank you Laura. For 99 cents its well worth downloading another book.