Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Three Books Take Awards! #NorthofNeed #WestofWant #Vampires

Every once in a while a writer has some truly special moments, and I've had a few of those in the past week that I wanted to share!

First, last week at the RWA Convention in Anaheim, California, I attended the FF&P Party (Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal) to learn that North of Need won their prestigious PRISM Award for Best Light Paranormal Romance of 2012!

Then, if that wasn't amazing enough, I returned from California to find that you all had turned out for me in droves in the GraveTells Readers' Choice Awards! It was a double voting month for GraveTells, and, incredibly, my books won Favorite Story of the Month for both June and July! There were SO MANY great authors up for recognition there, but I'd like to give a special shoutout to Rachel Firasek who I just love and who won Favorite Author of the Month--definitely check out her stories!
 
So, a huge thank you for all the support for me and my books! You guys make it all worthwhile and I'm just so grateful!

Thanks for reading,
Laura

9 comments:

Cara Bristol said...

Yay, Laura! Congratulations!

Sophia Rose said...

I am so pleased for you. When I voted for your books and you, I thought I might be jinxing you because those I vote for at GT don't often win (or so it seems).

Congratulations! It was well-earned.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks so much Cara and Sophia! :D

Carin said...

Just wanted to say congrats, you deserve the recognition!

Laura Kaye said...

Aw, thank you SO MUCH Carin!

Aurian said...

Congratulations Laura! That sure is awesome news to receive!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Aurian!

Stephanie/PurdueLiz said...

I hadn't seen about the Grave Tells wins. Congrats!!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Stephanie! :)