Friday, July 13, 2012

#WestofWant Scavenger Hunt Final Excerpt! Enter Today!



Welcome to the Final Day of the West of Want Scavenger Hunt!!
We're celebrating the forthcoming release of my newest book West of Want, the second book in my fantasy romance series, Hearts of the Anemoi, with the WEST OF WANT SCAVENGER HUNT! Enter to win an eReader just by playing along!

The Hunt:
The Scavenger Hunt ran from July 8th and ends tomorrow, July 14th, 2012.

Six fantastic book bloggers have participated in the hunt all this week, and today it ends here!! At each blog stop there is a special exclusive excerpt from WEST OF WANT with a hidden word highlighted in bold & red. Readers can collect each of these hidden words and unscramble them to unlock a secret WEST OF WANT phrase. Once you’ve collected all of the hidden words and unscrambled the secret phrase, fill out the RaffleCopter with the secret phrase to enter!

The Schedule:
Follow along at these blogs to collect all of the secrets words! OH, and please follow each of these blogs when you visit - they came up with the idea of this great event on my behalf, and I'm so so grateful! These links go directly to the Hunt posts:

July 8th - Excerpt 1: Reading Between theWines
July 9th - Excerpt 2: Cocktails and Books
July 10th -Excerpt 3: RhiReading
July 11th -Excerpt 4:  GraveTells
July 12th -Excerpt 5: Riverina Romantics
July 13th -Excerpt 6: Laura Kaye
The Prizes:
Grand Prize: (1 Winner) A Kindle Touch or Nook Simple Touch (Valued at $99.00, winner’s choice) and eBook of West of Want by Laura Kaye
2nd Prize: (2 Winners) Signed print copy of West of Want by Laura Kaye and a West of Want Swag Pack
3rd Prize: (3 Winners) eBook of West of Want by Laura Kaye
The Fine Print:
  • Must be 18 years of age or older to enter
  • Grand Prize is open to wherever Amazon Kindle/Barnes & Noble Nook is available
  • 2nd and 3rd prize winners are open Internationally
  • No purchase necessary
  • No substitutions, refunds or cash value will be given
  • One entry per person, per household
  • Void where prohibited by law
  • All entries will be verified
  • Winners are drawn randomly through RaffleCopter
  • Winners will have 48 hours to respond with winning notification email before a new winner is selected
  • Giveaway will close at 11:59pm July 14th, 2012

Excerpt #6:
“I’ll go now. I’m sorry for the trouble I caused.” Without waiting to be rejected or for her to respond, Zeph crossed the room and entered the hall. Shattered glass from the picture frame glinted in the morning light. Yet another thing he was responsible for ruining. Zeph frowned and flicked his hand, a preternatural wind sweeping the shards into a pile in the corner. He jogged down the hardwood stairs. Each step placed more distance between them and made his insides feel as though they were being torn asunder. So? What was new?

“Wait!”

Footsteps followed behind him. Zeph bit out a curse, wanting to disappear on the spot, blink into his elemental form, but he’d really rather do that without a witness. He crossed the living room, grasped the doorknob, and stopped as a hand settled on his shoulder.

“Please, wait.”

Zeph’s whole body went rigid. An intoxicating mix of their energies flowed into him where they touched. If he tried, he would be able to sense her from anywhere with the signature of his essence still flowing through her system. This elemental connection made it damn difficult not to turn to her, pull her into his arms. Instead, he heaved a deep breath and commanded his feet to remain planted where they were. Her hand fell away. Zeph nearly groaned from the loss of her warmth, her touch, her energy.

“Please. I don’t understand.”

He shook his head. “It is not for you to understand,” he managed.

“Why not? What does that even mean?”

He debated, fought the urge to face her. But her voice already tugged at him to share himself, and he felt certain he’d never hold out against the mix of her voice and eyes. “Just what I said.” He twisted the knob and pulled.

She grabbed his shirt. “Don’t go, please? Just…can you just wait a minute?”

Her plea, her aura, their connection—it all let her sneak through his defenses, or what there were of them anyway, and that pissed him off.

He whirled on her and stepped right into her space. “What do you want from me?”

Staring up at him, her lip trembled, but she didn’t back down or move away. “Answers.”
Pre-Order at Amazon | Barnes & Noble


Thanks so much for reading and for playing along! And, would you please consider spreading the word? 

Now, did you have a favorite line from the excerpt?

Laura

22 comments:

Sandra Dailey said...

I can't decide on a favorite line. It all blended so well. I did enjoy this scavenger hunt. Now I'm really ready for WoW.

Michelle Wilson said...

I read maybe one or two of the excerpts, enough to whet my appetite, but I stayed away from the rest because I really want to go into the book with a blank slate. I like every page to be a surprise. I hope you don't mind :)

Tina B said...

Great excerpt! In this one, we see him struggling. You have to love those dark heroes. ;)
I agree with Sandra that they were all wonderful, but one of my favorites is...If he tried, he would be able to sense her from anywhere with the signature of his essence still flowing through her system.
Thank you for this fun and amazing contest, Laura! Congrats on your upcoming release!!!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for all the comments this morning guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the contest!

And Michelle - I actually kinda love your comment! ;)

Phyllis M said...

Just a line??? Don't think so..I love this passage and I can't wait to read this book!!!

"Zeph’s arms gripped her tighter, yanking her fully against him. The rigid line of his erection pressed into her belly. “No, you don’t. You don’t understand how much you intrigue me.” His head dropped so his lips caressed her ear. “You don’t understand how much you attract me. You’re in my head. All the time. You make my heart beat faster, my body ache with want.” He kissed the shell of her ear and moved sinuously against her."

Thanks to all of you for this fun time!!

AquarianDancer said...

I'm with Michelle. I try to avoid excerpts. It's like someone telling you scenes from a movie you want to see. But I have the book pre-ordered, so no worries...I WILL read it. :-D

Laura Kaye said...

LOL Thanks Aquarian!

Michelle Wilson said...

Phew! I didn't want you to think I was ungrateful for the excerpts :) Like Aquarian said, sometimes you get so many previews or snippets of books and movies that the mystery is just gone. Well, WoW is still a mystery to me so I'm uber-excited for this book!

xoxo
M

Hai-Yen said...

Oh. My. God. Laura. I cannot wait to get my hands on this book! You are killing us with all the excerpts already! My favorite line from excerpt #6 is: But her voice already tugged at him to share himself, and he felt certain he’d never hold out against the mix of her voice and eyes. *sigh*
No need to guess I have indeed entered the Scavenger Hunt and did all that was asked of me. I am willing to do more but you get the idea LOL. Cannot wait to wish you Happy Release Day!

Laurie said...

I want this!

Autumn said...

I actually enjoyed the whole excerpt, makes me want to read it.

Thank you for the Scavenger Hunt, I had fun doing it. My favorite line I guess would be:

Her plea, her aura, their connection—it all let her sneak through his defenses, or what there were of them anyway, and that pissed him off.

Laura Kaye said...

Yay! You guys rock! I'm really enjoying reading all your comments! :)

desitheblonde said...

thanks for the great giveway and i in joyed look at the site you have wow

Sophia Rose said...

I didn't really have a favorite line, but I did like this one for the tension: He debated, fought the urge to face her. But her voice already tugged at him to share himself, and he felt certain he’d never hold out against the mix of her voice and eyes. “Just what I said.” He twisted the knob and pulled.

Thanks for the fun scavenger hunt way of sharing all the excerpts. I'm really looking forward to reading the whole thing now.

Victoria said...

Another excellent excerpt! Can't wait!

My fav line: Zeph nearly groaned from the loss of her warmth, her touch, her energy.

Julianne said...

Her plea, her aura, their connection—it all let her sneak through his defenses, or what there were of them anyway, and that pissed him off. Is my favorite line from this excerpt.

I had a great time on this scavenger hunt, it was so much fun.
luvfuzzzeeefaces at yahoo dot com

Joanne said...

No favorite line. I liked all of it. Congrats on the new release. This book sounds amazing. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the scavenger hunt. I had a lot of fun.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

jessiel said...

Here's my favorite line....
This elemental connection made it damn difficult not to turn to her, pull her into his arms.
Loved this contest. It was fun to complete. Looking forward to this book!

Laura Kaye said...

Aw, you guys! I'm so glad you enjoyed the excerpts and had a fun time with the hunt! Woot!

DaVinciKittie said...

Thank you so much for having GraveTells as part of the Hunt!! What a great group of bloggers, and you, of course, are a sweetheart and a shining star.

Loved the book! Just need to make time to write the review. Best of luck to everyone who entered. Thank you all for participating! <3

DVK @ GraveTells

Laura Kaye said...

Yay DVK! You rock!

June M. said...

Great excerpt and it is hard to pick a favorite line. I guess my favorite would be:

"Her plea, her aura, their connection—it all let her sneak through his defenses, or what there were of them anyway, and that pissed him off."