Sunday, July 29, 2012

#SixSunday 67 - Ella finds herself between two gods... #WestofWant

Hey everyone! I'm probably flying over your house right now as you're reading this, on my way back from the RWA Conference in California, where I had a fantabulous time (more on that to come in a day or two...), so today I'm sharing six from my new release, West of Want. Here, Zeph is reacting to some unusual misfortune that has befallen Ella:
Gods, this was his fault. He’d lingered, he’d stayed, he’d healed her. And now Eurus knew about Ella, probably suspected Zeph cared for her, which put the beautiful woman before him between a rock and a hard place, between the East and the West. His brother enjoyed nothing more than taking away the things Zeph cared about. One by one. Slowly but surely.

Be sure to read the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter! If you have a moment to spare a click, two of my books are up for GraveTells Readers' Choice Awards and I'm up for Author of the Month there, too - I'd love your vote!

Have a great Sunday and thanks for reading (and hopefully commenting, too)!

Laura

13 comments:

cassandradean.com said...

Wonderful six, Laura. Love that Zeph is so concerned for Ella.

S. J. Maylee said...

She's in trouble because of him and he worries for her. Plus, he healed her and he stays. I'm melting here. Wonderful 6. Looking forward to reading about your RWA experience.

Suzanne said...

The animosity between the 2 men, especially for Zeph to lose everything. I bought Books 1 & 2, since I am not familiar, but the 6 lines sold me.

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Conflict-- I love that Zeph is worried what his brother will do. We know he'll do all he can to keep Ella safe. I love that, too. :) Great six!!

Jessica K said...

I just love a healer who has reasonable concerns. Nice six!

sassyspeaks said...

the makings of some wonderful characters here. I'll be back

laynapimentel.com said...

What an excellent snippet to post. REally loved this book!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks so much for all the great comments this morning, guys! And Suzanne - woot! Thanks so much and happy reading! Layna - yay! I'm so glad! :)

Victoria said...

Zeph really is feeling some guilt here - poor guy. You really know how to torture him ;).

Joya said...

Awesome six, Laura. Love that he is worried that his caring for her endangers her. Nice tension. :)

Jasmine Walt said...

Great conflict in this six! :)

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

So much conflict -- internal and external. Fantastic six, Laura.

Amy Gregory said...

Damn brothers! Amazing six! I'll keep checking this story out :)
Hugs,
A