Sunday, June 17, 2012

#SixSunday 61 - Marco's hard and on edge... #HerForbiddenHero

Happy Sunday everyone! HER FORBIDDEN HERO just celebrated one month since publication, so I'm sticking with six from this story. Here, Marco's just stepped into the bathroom for a shower right after Alyssa took one:
He closed the door and groaned—the air was pure Alyssa, warm vanilla and sweet apples. His mouth salivated and his erection was instantaneous, setting off a yearning ache throughout his body that made him set the water to cold.

But even that didn’t help. His brain knew Alyssa had been standing in this very spot, wet and naked, just a few short minutes before, and it conjured a stream of images that kept him hard and on edge.

Jesus, if he didn’t get some relief from this urgent need, he was going to end up jumping her. And what a shitstorm that would unleash.

Hmm...what do you think Marco might do next?

It's been an incredible month with this book, and I thank you for all your support! Don't forget to check out the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter!

Thanks for reading and hopefully commenting, too!

Laura

25 comments:

karladoyle said...

Hi Laura!
Love the snippet, and the pic! But more than those, I loved Her Forbidden Hero. Totally awesome book, I highly recommend it to anybody reading today's sample who hasn't already bought it. Seriously, people, go buy it right now. Then plan to ignore everybody for a few hours because you won't be able to put it down. :)

Alix Cameron said...

Great six, perfectly tempered for my rainy Sunday.

Dee Carney said...

He's got it *bad* for her!

Eleri Stone said...

Loved that he turned the water to cold. LOL.

Dara said...

Great six sentences! Love his confusion and conflict. Sounds like Alyssa might be perfect for him despite his own objections!

Adriana said...

tantalizing and very well crafted - great six!

S. J. Maylee said...

The storm is in full swing and I love it. You're hitting on all my senses, well done.

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

I think there's little question of his next move, unless he enjoys shitstorms.

Cara Bristol said...

He's got it bad. There's no hope. Better surrender now.

Joya said...

Oh my gosh! So cool that he thinks of her standing there naked as he's standing there naked. Love it! :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Oh, it's all over for him. lol
Love the pics, too. :)

Happy Sunday!!

GraceDZ said...

Oh, if only Alyssa knew what he was thinking in that moment! Great visual to go along with your six too!

Joanne Stewart said...

Oh my. Your writing always leaves vaguely breathless. lol I love this. I think this book just moved up a notch on my TBR pile. Fabulous snippet!

Victoria said...

He is SO done for ;).

Sandra Dailey said...

It's been a little while since I read this book, but I'm still in love with Marco. I agree with Karla. READ IT NOW!!!

Tonya Burrows said...

Yup. He's done for. Love the pic!

Veronica Scott said...

Poor guy, there's no escape for him! Enjoyed eavesdropping on his thoughts in that shower - great six!

Sara Walter Ellwood / Cera duBois said...

Great six, Laura... I can't wait to read this book!

Patricia Preston said...

Sexy six! Love the last line.

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

He's already entering the shitstorm; wanking off ain't gonna help! LOL! Love how raw his need is. Terrific six.

Calisa Rhose said...

Wow! Hot and intense Laura!

Sophia Rose said...

Well, that situation sounds like a torment for Marco since apparently he cannot relieve his issue anytime soon. Poor man!

Look forward to reading the book to find out what happens next.

Jess Schira said...

Great six! Something tells me that the next scene will be passionate. Great job!

Wildcat's Wife said...

Is Marco the guy in the shower? I'll take him! Sexy six for sure. I appreciate a man who remembers a scent.

Eden Connor said...

What an evocative six sentences, I loved the concept that thinking of her showing made his yearning stronger. Well done, Laura, this sounds like a fantastic story!