Sunday, June 10, 2012

#SixSunday 60 - Marco's survival tactics... #HerForbiddenHero

Happy Sunday everyone! It's June 10th! You know what that means??? One month until the release of West of Want, the second book in my Hearts in the Anemoi series! I can't wait! Today, I have six more for you from Her Forbidden Hero. Here we go:
Marco watched Alyssa disappear into the bathroom. He should’ve put a shirt on, but maybe it was just as well he hadn’t. Maybe if she learned all the ways he was damaged, she’d stop looking at him the way she did. Because damn if that girl didn’t wear her emotions on her sleeve. And the affection and invitation in her eyes were almost more than he could bear.

It’s why he’d been staying away.

Don't forget to take a look at the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #SixSunday hashtag on Twitter. Thanks for reading and hopefully commenting, too!

Laura

22 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

Hmm, I don't think his plan is going to work.

Jessica Subject said...

I don't think she'll ever stop looking at him that way. Great six! :)

S. J. Maylee said...

Yeap, not going to work. Hot damn, wish I was reading this right now... :)

melyndaprice said...

I love his emotional conflict in this six. Well written :)

Amy said...

Such a tortured man. Great six. And great book, by the way! I've read the whole thing :)
Amy Durham

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks guys! And Amy--squee! LOL Thanks much!

Joya said...

Great six! Gotta love a tormented hero. :)

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Oh, this is so not going to work. lol Loved the six!

Tonya Burrows said...

Love a damaged hero. More, please!

Dee Carney said...

That tugs at my heartstrings. Loved it!

Sandra Bunino said...

I love his emotion. Sensational six, Laura.

Congrat on the success of Her Forbidden Hero! You go, girl! :)

Victoria said...

He is SO screwed ;).

Paula Martin said...

He's got it all wrong, hasn't he? Great six.

Silver James said...

Oh, Laura! That last line says so very much. Wonderful six this week!

Veronica Scott said...

He's just not going to be able to stay away much longer, I'm pretty sure! Have the book on my TBR list - terrific six!

skyewarren said...

OMG TORTURED HERO. Ahem. Very sweet, he's breaking my heart already.

Cara Bristol said...

Definitely the wounded hero. I like him.

Sophia Rose said...

Interesting theory, Marco, but he doesn't realize that a lot of us gals are suckers for the wounded hero types.

Nice six!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Very nice emotional six.

Karyn Good said...

Lots of great emotion! And I love a wounded hero. Great six!

babettejames.com said...

Aw, it's not going to work, Marco. :) Nice emotional six!

allaboutthewriting.com said...

He may have kept his shirt off to scare her away, but I don't think it's working the way he planned. LOL I'm looking forward to this story.

@BookEmDonna