Sunday, June 3, 2012

#SixSunday 59 Marco is ALL alpha! #HerForbiddenHero

Happy Sunday everyone! I had two new books to choose from for today, but since I have blog tour posts up this weekend for Seduced by the Vampire King, I decided to go with another six from Her Forbidden Hero. Here, the heroine has asked the hero why he's been giving her the silent treatment...
The words died in Alyssa’s throat as Marco abruptly turned, stalked across the space behind the bar, and flipped up the counter in front of her. She retreated as he stepped through the gap, and then he grasped her by the arms—firm enough that she knew he had her, but not enough to hurt.

“How many times did you get grabbed out there tonight?” He pushed her back one step, then another, until her spine came flush against something unyielding. He braced his hands on the wall above her shoulders and towered over her, six-foot-three-inches of pissed-off versus five-foot-four-inches of turned-on. “How many guys laid their fucking paws on you?”

Oh, my! What happens next??? *winks*

Please read the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter! Thanks for reading and hopefully commenting too!

Laura

26 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

Oh, he does sound pissed off, but who knows what that may lead to. ;) Great six!

Patricia Preston said...

Very stormy and sexy! Love the last 2 lines.

laynapimentel.com said...

Ooooh the intensity of his words, make him all the more hot!!!

Really can't wait to read this one. :)

Graylin Fox said...

Okay, I love this " six-foot-three-inches of pissed-off versus five-foot-four-inches of turned-on." Just love it.

S. J. Maylee said...

Oh, the passion and tension are so thick. YUM.

karladoyle said...

Ooh, I love a jealous alpha hero! If I wasn't already sold on Marco, this snippet would've done it!

Joanne Stewart said...

ohh, somebody sounds jealous. ;) Sexy six.

Liia Ann White said...

Oh Laura you do paint quite a picture ;-) Love it

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Pissed off hero who is jealous-- hmm... I want to know what happens next. Great six!!

Mackenzie Crowne said...

'Pissed off v turned on' great line! Love it, Laura.

Skye Warren said...

Ahh, I have tingles. God, that's some hot alpha talk right there.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Well, someone's peeved lol Nice job!

Gem Sivad said...

Hmmm, me thinks he's jealous. *nods* Great sexy six.

Joya said...

Sexy alpha! Awesome six. Can't wait to read this book. :)

Tonya Burrows said...

I just love when they go all alpha like that. Is she going to melt or put him in his place? Can't wait to find out!

"six-foot-three-inches of pissed-off versus five-foot-four-inches of turned-on."

Can you say best line ever? Love it!

Lisa Fox said...

Hmm, a big, awesomely sexy, jealous, possessive man. Yeah, I love it!

Cate Masters said...

Oo, the jealous type. But it's so sexy on him. :)

Jess Schira said...

I like the fact that despite the fact that this is obviously a tense and emotional scene, you managed to write it smoothly, and kept the rhythm of your prose nice and study. Excellent job!

Wildcat's Wife said...

"Paws" -- I like how he described the "other" men with paws. He doesn't seem happy, but I suspect she'll turn things around. Love your writing. Good six!

Ruthie said...

"six-foot-three-inches of pissed-off versus five-foot-four-inches of turned-on" -- Awesome turn of phrase, Laura! I want to read this one; I've been hearing raves. Congrats on both new releases!

Veronica Scott said...

He's certainly fierce! Loved the tension and emotion in the scene - great six!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for all the fun comments, guys! Glad so many of you mentioned that line. It's one of my faves! :D

Silver James said...

"...six-foot-three-inches of pissed-off versus five-foot-four-inches of turned-on."

Oh, Laura! This line is just made of awesome sauce! I love it. And the snippet. Yeah...I bet we all know where this is goin'. ;-) Terrific six this week.

Cara Bristol said...

Very, very sexy. On my list!

Laura Kaye said...

Woohoo! Thanks guys! :)

Siren Star said...

Intense! More please!