Sunday, May 27, 2012

#SixSunday 58 A tortured hero feels exposed... #HerForbiddenHero

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope this post finds the Americans among you enjoying Memorial Day Weekend! And a huge salute to all the service men and women and veterans out there!
The bar was like a goddamned cage.

Marco paced back and forth, taking orders and delivering drinks in a way he knew was barely civil, but unable to force even the cursory niceties he usually managed.

Ever since Alyssa had cornered him in the hallway, peered up at him with those imploring brown eyes, and cupped his face in her hand, Marco had felt raw and exposed, like his skin no longer protected his insides.

Jesus. If Van hadn’t interrupted them, Marco wasn’t sure what he might’ve said. What her gaze and her touch and her very presence might’ve drawn out of him.

Man, don't you just love tortured heroes? I loved writing Marco, and I hope you enjoy him! And huge thanks to everyone who has given this book a try so far. It has been an absolutely amazing 10 days since release!

Be sure to check out the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter! Thanks for reading and hopefully commenting, too!

Happy Memorial Day!
Laura

27 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

He's in trouble. Can't wait for this conflict to come to a head. Great six! :)

Sandra Dailey said...

I'm the tortured one. I'm holding this book back as incentive to finish some of my own work. But, it keeps calling me. Now, when I hear it calling, I'll associate the voice with that awesome guy in the picture. Why? Why do you do this to me?

karladoyle said...

Very intriguing! Have this one in my TBR queue...so tempted to crack it open "just for a little peak". Only that's never how it works out. ;)

Gem Sivad said...

I'm with the others. Great six and no way am I missing this one. BUT, don't dare read it now, I'm on deadline. grrrr.

allaboutthewriting.com said...

I need to read this one too! I loved HEARTS IN DARKNESS, and I've just got to find time to read all of your books. :)

Donna

S. J. Maylee said...

Very raw. Simply delicious how you captured his feelings here.

Patricia Preston said...

He sounds like a wonderful character!

Cara Bristol said...

Great as always!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

You captured his feelings perfectly. Great six and pic... just lovely.

Eden Connor said...

Very evocative six, Laura ;-)

Wildcat's Wife said...

OMG! I loved what Sandra said about she's the tortured one. I thought the same thing! This guy's head spinning. Ha!

Laura Kaye said...

Thank you to everyone who mentioned having this book on your TBR pile! :) I have two words for you: reeeeaaadd meeeeeeee! LOL :) Thanks for all the great comments!

Joanne Stewart said...

Love his vulnerability in this, and watching him reacting to it. Another one going on my must read list.

skyewarren said...

Tortured hero - yes! Very hot and intriguing.

Victoria said...

Poor guy ;). He's my kind of torn up hero. Thanks for another fantastic six.

Jess Schira said...

I do love tortured heroes and you've created a pretty spectacular one in this scene. Glad you're release week has been a success, and wish lots of futures sales your way.

Hai-Yen said...

Great Six, Laura! I love(d) HFH! Marco is a real tortured hero and that makes him irresistible in my opinion. I'm glad you had a blast since its release day and wish you many more to come.

Veronica Scott said...

So I've bought this now, it's sitting on my kindle - these excerpts were just SO good, I had to have it all at once! Great six today as well.

Laura Kaye said...

Woot! Thanks Veronica! :)

Paula Martin said...

You've captured his feelings perfectly. Great six.

Dee Carney said...

As always, so wonderfully written! Love his inner torment.

Sophia Rose said...

Those were great sentences! I cannot wait to read this one.

Joya said...

Wow, I love that line about his skin no longer protecting his insides. Awesome six, Laura. :)

Jennifer Lowery (Kamptner) said...

Love it! Wanna read more! Great six!

Siobhan Muir / Meg Palevich said...

Great six, Laura. I particularly liked his gruffness because his mind is elsewhere. Nicely done. Congrats on the release! :)

melyndaprice said...

This looks like a great read:)It's definately on my TBR list.

Dara said...

What a great six sentences! Sexy and intriguing! DaraAmes.blogspot.com