Monday, April 2, 2012

Welcome Guest Author Arianna Skye! #Erotic #Faeries #Fey

Welcome guest author
Arianna Skye
to the blog today!

Welcome, Arianna!  Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

As Arianna Skye, I write light and humorous fantasy erotic romance. I also write contemporary paranormal as Sidney Ayers. I plan on expanding into other genres eventually. I’d like to write a historical one of these days.

Awesome! Please tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

Wings of Desire is the first book in the Fey Chronicles series of fantasy erotic romances. Here’s a short blurb:

Rhiannon Kinsley's ready to call the men in white coats when an intriguingly sexy man appears and insists she's a faerie princess. Cerne Silverwing has a duty to save his kingdom. He needs Rhiannon to be his consort and help defeat the Dark Faerie Queen. Will these two discover that their true destiny lies together?

Sounds great! Which character is your favorite and why?

It would have to be Rhiannon, the heroine. She’s feisty and has a sarcastic streak. However, when she sees how much the White Faeries need her, she’s willing to fight for them.

I love a strong heroine! So, as the author, what surprised you about this story?

Before I wrote this book, I was afraid to write sex scenes. I think I’d only written one beforehand. I was surprised how easy those scenes can be when you put your imagination to work.

LOL So true! Will there be any sequels or other books in the same series?

So far, there are three more books planned for The Fey Chronicles series.

That’s great! I love series! What was the hardest thing for you about writing this story?

I am a long winded writer, so the hardest thing was editing. The original book was around 116K. Even now, it’s near a whopping 111K.

Wow! What are you working on right now?

I am working on the third book in the Demons Unleashed series written under my other pen name, Sidney Ayers.

Two series at once! Go girl! What happened to the first book you ever wrote?

Sadly, I think I threw it away.

Oh noes! LOL What do you find easiest and hardest to write?

I find that dialogue is easy for me to write. As I mentioned before, I find that sex scenes can be the most difficult. It’s hard not to sound clich√© when describing certain details.

That’s true! Have you incorporated actual events or people from your own life into your books?

Not deliberately, but some events and people do inspire certain aspects.

Is there a theme or message that runs through your work?

Oddly enough, every book I’ve written has some sort of family element. That doesn’t really surprise me, though. I come from a very close-knit family.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

I’m kind of shy to start out with, but after I get familiar with people, you can’t get me to shut up.

Love it! Which romance book or series (or other genre, if you don’t write romance) do you wish you had written?

That’s a tough question. I don’t think I’ve ever wished I wrote a certain book. I wish I had started writing paranormal sooner though, since that’s the genre that I seem to thrive in.

Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

Kalli Corapolous, the heroine in A Demon To Die For (Demons Unleashed 3). She’s been alive since ancient Greek times. She has a wild streak that I absolutely adore.

Okay, now, just for fun!

Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Dark chocolate. It’s so yummy, and good for your heart too!

Salty or sweet? I like to mix them up.

Bed or kitchen table? Wherever the moment takes me.

Beach or mountains? I have always enjoyed a good basking in the sun, so it’s a beach for me.

Give or receive? I am a naturally giving person. :)
Not your (grand)mother's fairytale...

Rhiannon Kinsley's life goes from boring to downright crazy when a freak lightning bolt strikes her laptop. To make matters even more bizarre, strange words and symbols flash across the computer screen and she hears a mysterious voice. Time to call the men in white coats! Then Cerne Silverwing, an intriguingly sexy man, appears. He insists she's a faerie princess whose fate will determine his own. What a crock! Now she knows who really needs those white coats.

With the Dark Faerie forces threatening their kingdom, Cerne kidnaps Rhiannon and brings her to Fey, a land where magic knows no bounds. He's performing a duty to save his kingdom and nothing more--a duty that will bring him his wings and the strengthened magic that comes with them. If he doesn't unite with the princess as her consort, those wings will never grow. But this princess grew up in the land of laptops and instant messages, and she's convinced they're both crazy. Despite their differences, the two are thrust together to defeat the whip-wielding Dark Faerie Queen before she takes over their kingdom. Passion and peril aside, will Rhiannon and Cerne discover their true destiny?
Thanks for coming on the blog, Arianna! Hey guys, leave Arianna some comment love! And thanks for reading!



LorettaLynn//Temprance said...

Great interview, loved reading it:)
Wings of Desire looks and sounds like a great read! Love the cover very sexy:)

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks so much LorettaLynn!

Cindi Phillips said...

Going to Amazon now to check out Wings of Desire. Thanks for the great interview.

Diane Burton said...

Great interview. Good luck with those 2 series, Arianna/Sydney.

Rashda Khan said...

Great job with the interview Laura & Arianna/Sydney!!

Wishing you many sales :)


Victoria said...

Excellent interview. I love the quick questions. They always give me a nice picture of the author. Thank you.
Wings of Desire sounds great. Congratulations and much success.

Jeanne Guzman said...

Great interview. Another book added to my TBR file

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments for Arianna everyone!

ellaquinnauthor said...

Great interview. You're a very busy woman.

Arianna Skye said...

A big thanks to Laura for inviting me here today!

LorettaLynn, thanks so much!

Cindi, thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the book. :)

Diane, thanks! It's a challenge keeping track of both of myselfs (or is it myselves?) LOL.

Rashda! THanks hon!

Victoria, they are just as fun to answer too! Thanks for stopping in.

Jeanne, thanks and double thanks for the TBR. Mine is almost a mile high right about now. :)

Ella, thanks. Strangely, I wish I could be a tad busier (In between jobs right now.) :)

Ally Broadfield said...

Lovely interview, ladies. Another title added to my miles long TBR list - but I don't want to miss this one!

Angela Kay Austin said...

Fun interview. Do you remember what that story you threw away was about?