Monday, April 30, 2012

Stay Cool This Summer Gift Set for #BNDA! #NorthofNeed

Hey everyone! Just a quick post to let you know I am one of many, many people contributing great items on which you can bid to help raise money to find a cure for diabetes. Author Brenda Novak has been hosting this online auction for a number of years and raised well over a million dollars. This is my first year participating and I couldn't be more thrilled to help out!

Here's what you could win from me, to recreate your very own NORTH OF NEED snowcone scene (igloo and Greek snow god not included):
Includes 1 signed print copy of NORTH OF NEED, romance trading cards from NORTH OF NEED and WEST OF WANT, an Anemoi bookmark, a Sunbeam snow cone maker plus snowcone cups/straws, Hershey's chocolate syrup, strawberry snowcone syrup, pens, lipbalm, a snowglobe, and snowman wine glass charms. Isn't that fun?
Head on over to the auction site - and check out my item's specific listing here. Bidding takes place May 1 - May 31 and there are prizes to win for participating, too.
Thanks for reading!
Laura

5 comments:

Aurian said...

That is a very cool prize package indeed! Hope the winner will enjoy it.

Laura Kaye said...

Me too! :) Thanks Aurian!

Sophia Rose said...

Nifty! And such a worthy cause!

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,
thank you for the great prize you are offering at Brenda Novaks.

both my niece and myself as well as other family members have diabetes in one form or another. my niece is hyper insulin anemic, myself type 2 and i have an aunt that is type 1.

this is a horrid and silent disease before you finally figure out what the problem is, alot of time the symptoms make you think you are imaginig things because they don't make sense or match alot of other things that you could have.
worse is when it hits someone so young. my niece was in the 3-4 grade when she was diagosed and she also has to watch her blood pressure. a cure can't come soon enough for this special girl.

thank you to all of you that help.

tammy ramey
trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

Laura Kaye said...

Thank you for sharing your story, Tammy! My uncle had very serious diabetes and I know what a struggle that always was for him. Enjoy the auction - there's so much fun stuff up for grabs! And for such a good cause!