Sunday, April 8, 2012

#SixSunday #52 Kate finds her #vampire...

Happy Sunday everyone, and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! Almost hard to believe I've been posting to this event for a year now! Kudos to Sara Brookes for hosting Six Sentence Sunday and bringing us all together!
 

This week, I'm giving you one more little taste of Seduced by the Vampire King, Book 2 in my Vampire Warrior Kings series. Heroine Kate Bordessa is walking to the Moscow metro late at night when she makes a discovery:
The first thing Kate saw was a pair of big black boots. The man attached to those boots was huge, unmoving, and facedown in the dirt and stones of the driveway.

Without question, he was the source of the scent she’d somehow smelled.

Her alarm returned, stronger than before. Not out of fear for herself, but out of fear for him.

She had the oddest sensation of being sucked through a tunnel that led her here—to this moment, to this alley, to this man.
Pre-Order on Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Be sure to check out the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter. Also, keep an eye out on April 10th when I launch a HUGE Preview & Prizes Event for my upcoming fantasy romance, West of Want.

Have a great day! Thanks for reading and, hopefully, commenting, too!

Laura

27 comments:

Cara Bristol said...

Yep, she was led to him! Enjoyed your six. Gotta read this one.

Corinne Davies said...

Nope, you can't fight destiny :) Great six!

Tamara Hoffa said...

I can't wait for Seduced and WOW, Ha! did you realize that was the acronym for West of Want! How cool is that!

Jessica Subject said...

Not a discovery I'd want to make. A great six! :)

Karla Doyle said...

I'm intrigued again! I enjoyed In the Service of the King...looking forward to gobbling this book up, too.
Happy Easter, Laura! :)

Linda Morris said...

I love the Russian setting. Great six.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

descriptions and senses really drew me in, Laura. Can't wait to read :)

Joanne Stewart said...

Ohh, very intriguing. Things brings up about a million questions, which just all mean I'm dying to turn that page! Great six!

Tonya Burrows said...

Interesting. What happened to him? Nice six!

D'Ann said...

Great job! I want to learn more.

D'Ann said...

Great job! I want to learn more.

Christine Warner said...

Beautifully done six...you grabbed my attention from the first line.

Veronica Scott said...

I love the way this reels me right in and I have to know more! Terrific six!

skyewarren said...

Great six! Felt immersed in the imagery and the moment. Awesome :)

sassyspeaks said...

beautiful six - am sure she was meant to find him

lovindanger said...

Super six. I particularly like the last line.

lovindanger said...

Super six. I particularly like the last line.

Ursula Grey said...

Intriguing six...loved the last sentence too! Great cover!

Sophia Rose said...

And what to do with that 'odd moment'? Its like a choose your own adventure.

Thanks for sharing your six!

Joya said...

Such a great snippet. Can't wait to read the whole thing. I get a real "feel" for Kate in this excerpt. Thanks for sharing. :)

Sarah said...

Oooh, my breath caught. I love how much tension you bring in just six little sentences!

Sarah Ballance

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

What a fantastic six. Gives you a good feel about the character.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys, especially with it being a holiday! :)

laynapimentel.com said...

Eeep. Don't stop there!

Fantastic six, Laura. :)

S. J. Maylee said...

You keep pulling me in so quickly, another fantastic 6

Patricia said...

Oh Laura! I seriously like! Like, LIKE LIKE! I'm not afraid to admit that I don't "read" many books these days, being an audio book junkie and trying to get my own books written, but I'm going to have to get this first one so I can be prepared for this one! I love your writing style <3

SacredmOOn said...

I'm so looking forward to this book! Thanks for sharing!
DeAnna Schultz