Sunday, April 1, 2012

#SixSunday #51 Meet Vampire Warrior King Nikolai Vasilyev

Happy Sunday everyone! And Happy April Fool's Day! *grin* Since I got my my new cover for my June 1 release Seduced by the Vampire King, Book 2 in my Vampire Warrior Kings series, I thought I'd share the first six sentences of this story:
Nikolai Vasilyev was right in the middle of the shit, and it was exactly where he wanted to be. Shots erupted from two positions ahead of him and ricocheted off the abandoned cinder-block streetscape he’d been patrolling. Ducking into an alley, he felt a telltale whiz of air buzzing his ear and went flat against the concrete wall of the old factory.  Inhaling the frigid, early winter night air, Nikolai’s hackles rose and his fangs stretched out. His enemies were close enough he could feel their evil.
               
He wanted trouble, and he found it. 
Pre-Order on Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Be sure to check out the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter. Thanks for reading and, hopefully, commenting!

Laura

20 comments:

June M. said...

Can't wait! I loved the first book IN THE SERVICE OF THE KING and am sure that this one will be great too. The only problem is that it doesn't release for 2 months, lol.

Lisa Fox said...

Awesome opening!

S. J. Maylee said...

He likes being in the middle of trouble- oh boy, I think I already love this guy. Love the description- it felt like I was there with him.

Dee Carney said...

Wow, what a tense, awesome opener! Loved it!

Rachel Firasek said...

Laura there is something about a vamps fangs that make me all goooeeyy inside. Loved it. :)

Jalisa said...

Wow, that's a strong opening. Excellent use of details to create an atmosphere that is frankly absorbing.

Karyn Good said...

Love your opening lines! Who can resist a hero looking for trouble.

lovindanger said...

Looking for trouble. Wow. You let us know who he is so quickly. Love it.
Cheers
Jo-Ann

Veronica Scott said...

Wow, exciting stuff, jumped right into the thick of the action, which of course leaves me wanting to know more - backstory AND next events! Terrific snippet!

Christine Warner said...

Powerful...loved that last line! Great 6 :)

Victoria said...

Sounds fantastic. Thanks.

angelaquarles.com said...

Great opening! Action without being too active (where we just get action and no insight into character and why we should care) and we get a great sense already of who he is and what he wants!

Sophia Rose said...

Yay! A teaser from the new book.

Thanks!

melyndaprice said...

Action packed six! Well done :)

Calisa Rhose said...

Wow! Right in the middle of it. Great six, Laura!

patonlorraine said...

Wow! Great opening! You've covered it all - character, action, setting, and intrigue!

Your cover is beautiful! :)

karladoyle said...

Great opening six lines, Laura! And what a gorgeous cover!

But I have to tell you, and keep in mind that it's late and my brain is almost mush, when I read the first line quickly, I thought it said "...was right in the middle of a shit..." LOL. What you ACTUALLY wrote is much better. :)

Laura Kaye said...

LOL Karla! Thanks!

And thanks everyone for all the great comments!

Siren A. Star said...

More please?

Laura Kaye said...

:) Stay tuned Siren! Thanks for commenting!