Sunday, February 12, 2012

#SixSunday #45 - This #vampire has some groveling to do...

If you're here for the With Love OR Vampires for Valentine Hops, Click Here!!
Happy Sunday everyone! And happy nearly Valentine's Day! This week, six from my new In the Service of the King. Kael and Shayla are still trying to find their way...
“Shayla, look at me.”
 
As much as she’d been waiting for his voice, it still startled her. His use of her name. His tender, regretful tone.
 
She knew she must obey, but was afraid if she did, she’d lose control of her emotions—and she wasn’t sure whether hurt or anger would win out. Neither was appropriate to show, and both were likely to result in tears.
Please be sure to check out the Other Sixers' posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter! If you'd like to win a copy of ITSOTK, follow along on my new release blog tour, which wraps up this week. 

Thank you for reading and, hopefully, commenting, too!
Laura

28 comments:

skyewarren said...

Love it. Wait, what is he groveling for? Oh, nevermind, doesn't matter. Always love a grovel :)

Jessica Subject said...

Oh, so sad. I hope he is able to make her happy again. Great six! :)

romancingalix said...

oh her turmoil. Great six!

Gayle said...

Fab snippet. :)

Liz said...

well done Laura. You have amazing talent with words and all your successes are proof!
keep up the great work.

Evelyn Rae said...

Beautiful! I can feel all the emotion even though I've never read anything else about them besides these six sentences.

Diane Alberts said...

Excellent show of emotions. I need to know what happens next!

D L Jackson said...

Nice show of not just hurt but anger bringing tears.

Thanks for sharing.

Carrie Ann Ryan said...

Oh, I really liked this book. I can't wait for the next one!

Victoria said...

How sad, I feel for her. Thank you for another excellent 6 :).

Eleri Stone said...

Heart-wrenching.

Paula Martin said...

I feel her conflicting emotions. Great six!

Jessica K said...

Great conflict here. Time for some happiness now!

Joanne Stewart said...

Love her turmoil and his tenderness. You do both very well. :)

Team Pattinson said...

Absolutely amazing, couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the next one, if it's anything like this one. You never cease to amaze me with your amazingly intense, romantic, and erotic scenes. On a scale of 1~10 I give it a 15!

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

Ah, so much conflict and turmoil. Makes me wonder what happened, what's happening, and how they'll get through it.

Stacia Kelly said...

Wonderful snippet!

Dakota Trace said...

Wow...I can feel the tension from here. Very visual. Great six. :D

sjmaylee said...

I can feel her tears coming
nice 6!!

DeAnna Felthauser said...

I love the emotion! Great six :)

angelaquarles.com said...

uh-oh, nice ramping up of tension!

Sophia Rose said...

No eyecontact! Hmm, that's never good.

Thanks for sharing!

K.E. Saxon said...

Such really strong emotions going on here, great intensity. Super six!

laynapimentel.com said...

Heart wrenching, I love it!

Fab snippet, Laura!

Tammy said...

I just gotta read the book. Sounds so interesting .
tammy
jfarms74338@gmail.com

Sandra Sookoo said...

Aww powerful snippet!

Cate Masters said...

Aw, very sweet scene.

Renald said...

Happy Valentine's hop. Deb p
r.d1@myfairpoint.net