Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome Guest Author Dawn Chartier! #Vampires!

Welcome guest author
Dawn Chartier
to the blog!


Welcome, Dawn!  Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

Thank you for having me today, Laura. And congrats to you on your Breakout Author award. How awesome is that.

So a little about me, eh? Well, I live near the wonderful City of New Orleans, yet far enough from the craziness that the city is known for.  I’m married, and I have two of mine and two of his type of family. We also have two Goldens who are more spoiled than all four daughters put together.

I write paranormal romance, suspense, and contemporary erotic romance. I try to golf and I fish too.

Aw, man, thank you, Dawn! What a sweetie! Okay, now, tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

I just self-published a novel called NOT AN ANGEL, that was once with The Wild Rose Press. Not An Angel is a second chance at love type of story between a human and Poryria vampire.

Here is a little blurb:

Kira McCoy wants to die. Losing her husband and daughter tragically left her without hope. Now her disturbed brother-in-law will stop at nothing to have her for himself. All she wants is to find peace, but instead finds herself on top of a bridge ready to end her suffering.

Protector of the Poryria, Trace Stuart is called to defend his race or embrace death. Defending humans is not part of the plan, but he cannot stop himself from saving Kira.

Realizing that he shares a special bond with Kira, Trace defies his Queen and rushes into the heart of darkness in order to rescue the woman he loves. Will Kira be able to reach past her own pain to pull them both into the light?

Oh, yum! How do I love vampires…let me count the ways!!! *grins* Which character is your favorite and why?

It would have to be Kira. She’s lost so much, and grows the most.

Will there be any sequels or other books in the same series?

I plan to write a few more books to this series. Next up would be Drago’s story after I finish writing another novella for another series.

Awesome! I love series! What are you working on right now?

Well, I just finished edits for DIAMONDS, a contemporary erotic novella which is coming out January 18, 2012, published with Siren BookStrand. Now, I’m working on revisions for Buried Magic, a witch and warlock novel.

Wow! So many intriguing projects! Love it! What happened to the first book you ever wrote?

I still have it saved in my computer. My sister begs me to try and get it published. She said of all my books that was her favorite. (God, I hope not.) It was also a vampire novel.

That’s a great story! Have you incorporated actual events or people from your own life into your books?

Yes. My mom had neighbor who had tragically lost her baby and husband close together, and that is where the idea came from. I wanted to give the woman a happier ending.

Oh, that’s really moving, actually. Good for you. Is there a theme or message that runs through your work?

Yes. Second chances.

I like that one, too! What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

Probably that work in construction. I don’t actually hold a hammer or anything, but I do get to go to the jobsites on occasions. (hard-hat and all)

That IS surprising! Which romance book or series (or other genre, if you don’t write romance) do you wish you had written?

Who wouldn’t have wanted to write Harry Potter, right.  Although, how on earth she kept up with a bazillion characters, I’ve no clue.

Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

To date it would be, Storm Morgeaux. (her story is not published yet) In my novel, Buried Magic, Storm learns that she’s a witch, then discovers she’s part warlock as well. Warlocks are not nice and she struggles with that, plus the guy she has the HOTS for hunts and kills warlocks.  Storm has big problems, but even a bigger heart.

Sounds intriguing! Now, just for fun:

Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Dark! Yum! (but I’ll take either)

Salty or sweet? Sweet

Bed or kitchen table? Ha-Ha. My mind went in the gutter, but you could mean something else, right?  I’ll say table so I don’t sound so boring.

Beach or mountains? Love the beach! Haven’t been to the mountains yet.

Give or receive? I’ll give you anything if you give me dark chocolate.
Thanks for being coming on the blog! Where can we find you on the web?

Leave some new release love for Dawn, everyone! And thanks for reading,

Laura & Dawn

16 comments:

booklover0226 said...

I enjoyed the interview. It's great to meet you, Dawn. I've added Not An Angel to my wish list.

Thanks,
Tracey D

Kate Hill said...

Nice interview! I love finding out about new vampire stories to add to my TBR list.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Tracey and Kate for kicking off the comments for Dawn!

Ciara said...

Sounds like some great projects. You are busy. :) Great interview! It's great to meet a fellow Bewitching Blog tour bud. :)

Dawn Chartier said...

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for stopping by and it's great to meet you too!

Dawn

Dawn Chartier said...

Hi Kate,

I'm thrilled to be added to your TBR pile. I know mine is falling over.

Dawn Chartier said...

Laura,

Thanks again for hosting me today!

Dawn

Dawn Chartier said...

Hi Ciara,

You are right. I'm crazy busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Did you have your tour yet or is it in the works? Isn't Roxanne great!

Sophia Rose said...

Fun interview! The story sounds good. I like second chances too.

Good luck, Dawn!

Beautiful Disaster said...

Sounds like an awesome new book series! I will definitely be purchasing it. Thanks so much for the interview. I love meeting new authors and learning a little about them and their books ;0)

Dawn Chartier said...

Sophia,

Thank you for the good wishes. And thank you for commenting as well.

Dawn

Dawn Chartier said...

Beautiful Distaster (cool name)

I sure hope you enjoy it. I love meeting new readers!

Christa said...

This is fantastic. Congrats on your Breakout Award and I love the sound of this book. :)

Victoria said...

This sounds really good. My kind of read.
Storm sounds very interesting too. What are you thinking the title of her book will be when you get it published?
Congratulations and much success!

vsloboda(at)gmail(dot)com

Dawn Chartier said...

Hi Christa...thanks for swinging by...

Dawn Chartier said...

Thanks, Victoria...
The title of Storm's book to date is Buried Magic.