Sunday, January 22, 2012

#SixSunday #42 - Enthralling her #vampire king...

Happy Sunday everyone! I've got more from my February 1 release, In the Service of the King! Last week, the king admired Shayla's body. Today's he's quite taken with another aspect of her appearance...
He would’ve been impressed with her responsiveness if he hadn’t been so completely enthralled by those eyes. Her left iris was a brilliant emerald, nearly rivaling his own in the intensity and clarity of green. Her right, however, was a bright turquoise, touched by green to be sure, but without question a deep, dazzling blue. The effect of her mismatched gaze, paired as it was with her fair, creamy skin and dark tresses, was arresting.

Powerless to resist, he leaned down and cupped her left cheek in his hand, his thumb stroking across her cheekbone and playing with the ends of her eyelashes. “You have been touched by magic.”
Isn't she beautiful? Shayla's hair is actually midnight black in my story, but I couldn't resist this woman! LOL

Please check out the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter! Thanks for reading and, hopefully, commenting, too!

Laura

31 comments:

Amber said...

Ooh, how interesting. I've only ever met one person with mismatched eyes in real life, and I admit it was both disconcerting and beautiful.

Laura Kaye said...

Ooh, interesting, Amber! Thanks for kicking off the comments!

Jessica Subject said...

Very sweet and sensual! :)

Cara Bristol said...

So sensual it gives me shivers. Gotta read this one.

Amy said...

Very nice! Love the wonder he feels toward her! And great pic, btw!
Amy Durham

Cate Masters said...

Nice twist! Wonderful description.

Jayel Kaye said...

wow. very sexy scene

Ranae Rose said...

Wow, her eyes are gorgeous, both in the picture and the description.

Lisa Fox said...

Wow, now that is sexy!

Carrie Ann Ryan said...

Oh sexy. You love mis matched eyes - but so do I! LOL

Paula Martin said...

Great description of her eyes (and great picture too)

Cassandra Carr said...

I had a friend once with a one brown eye and one green eye. It was really cool. Never told her she was touched by magic (I think I was 12 when I knew her), but I always thought it was so neat.

Diane Alberts said...

Love this six! Can't wait to read it!

Liz said...

beautiful. thanks for this one Laura

Victoria said...

What a great Six. I've known three guys with mismatched eyes. I even dated one of them. They all had a blue eye and an eye with a shade of brown. I've never seen a female with mismatched eyes and I've never seen a blue and green combo.

Laurie London said...

I love this description!

Dee Carney said...

Very vivid description! loved it!

Sarah Grimm said...

I love it! And the picture is fantastic.

My boyfriend in High School had mismatched eyes. One green with a small brown speck in it and the other solid brown.

Eleri Stone said...

Very interesting. Wonder what other effects her brush with magic has had on her.

Stephanie Draven said...

My roommate in college had mismatched eyes!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Oh Nice!

K.E. Saxon said...

Love that last line! What tension in this scene, loved it. Great six!

Sophia Rose said...

That would be very arresting! Nice post!

Gem Sivad said...

What a fascinating description. Yes, "touched by magic."

Corinne Davies said...

Love your six!

Brien Michaels said...

Oh, my word. This may be my favorite I've read so far today. Very nice!

Laura Kaye said...

I can't believe how many of you have met someone with mismatched eyes! I've never known anyone with them!

Thanks for all the great feedback today, guys! :)

Vivien Dean said...

She sounds stunning. Well done!

Elaine AM Smith said...

The picture of the model with those gorgeous eyes made your description all the more dramatic. I could see why your MC was having so much trouble :)

E. Jamie said...

Fantastic six!

Jasmine Walt said...

Wow. I love how you've managed to say so much with your six without making your sentences too wordy. And the prose and picture are both stunning. :D