Sunday, January 15, 2012

#SixSunday #41 - The #Vampire King Meets His Offering

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm a little sad to be leaving NORTH OF NEED behind for now, but I'm just as excited to begin sharing with you my upcoming release, IN THE SERVICE OF THE KING, which comes out on February 1. Here's Kael, the vampire warrior king, meeting the heroine for the first time.
Taking a deep, centering breath, the king eased the heavy wooden door open and stepped inside the feeding chamber.

Kael pierced his tongue with his fangs to keep from making an utterance he had no business making. But for the love of all that was holy, the creature before him was magnificent. Perfectly posed despite the thundering sprint of her heart, her long black-brown hair was braided and intertwined in the traditional way, ribbons and flowers threaded throughout. The sheerest of white silk robes did little to hide from his vision the sexy muscularity of her body. She was not thin, which pleased him.
This is the first in my Vampire Warrior Kings series. The second comes out early this summer. Watch out for my joint book tour with fellow Harlequin authors Stephanie Draven and Leia Rice all this coming week!

Please check out the Other Sixers' posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter. Thanks for reading and, hopefully, commenting!

Laura

33 comments:

Jasmine Aherne said...

Great six, and what an awesome cover!

Tory Michaels said...

I like this. Thanks for posting, and I'll keep my eye out for the book. :)

romancingalix said...

Sensational work! Thank you.

melyndaprice said...

Great imagery the his description of her :)

Jessica Subject said...

Wonderful six, and that is an awesome cover! :)

Lisa Fox said...

Great writing and that cover is awesome!!

Amy said...

Very descriptive! Love the intrigue here. Nicely done!
Amy Durham

Cara Bristol said...

Such creative writing! And the cover is beautiful.

stephanielawton.com said...

"Kael pierced his tongue with his fangs to keep from making an utterance he had no business making."

--What an interesting detail! Really sets up the scene.

Laurie London said...

Oooh, intriguing!

Sharon said...

I want a vampire king too! ;) thanks for the smexy

Jalisa said...

Wow, that's an intense first meeting. Love how the details paint the emotions--the pierced tongue, thundering heart. Wonderful. And congrats on your books and tour!

Liz said...

Can't wait to read this one Laura. well done as usual!

GraceDZ said...

Woohoo! I pre-ordered this one. Can't wait until Feb. 1st!!!

Victoria said...

Very good six! I'll be looking into this one :).

Cate Masters said...

Oh great twist on a vampire story. Congrats on your upcoming release!

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

He seems like a fascinating character -- very human for a vampire. (And I like that he prefers chicks with curves.)

Cara McKenna said...

Love your descriptions! Very vivid, but not flowery.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Nice! Congrats on the new release!

Tara MacQueen said...

Ooh, sounds juicy! Can't wait for the book! Congrats.

Gem Sivad said...

This is going to be a great series. Love today's six!

karladoyle said...

Ooh, I loved this excerpt! Definitely putting this one on the must-buy list a couple of weeks from now.

Stephanie Draven said...

Love this set up, Laura. Even if he is a filthy blood drinker!

Beautiful Disaster said...

Wow Laura, it sounds a little... *grins* naughty. I'm counting down girl.

Paula Martin said...

Great description of her.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Nice snippet!

Dee Carney said...

Oh my, how very sexy! Love his immediate scrutiny of her!

Jennifer Wilck said...

Very vivid. Great six!

K.E. Saxon said...

Ooo, he's so..PRIMAL...very sexy. Loved your six. Looking forward to reading more! :)

lexcade said...

Mmm, that sounds fantabulous. I'll keep my eyes open for the Feb 1st drop :)

laynapimentel.com said...

Jeepers! Is it February 1st yet? I want, I want, I want!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for all the awesome comments today, guys, you have me chanting for February 1 to hurry up and get here already! :)

Jayel Kaye said...

Wow that cover is great. Loved the 6