Sunday, January 8, 2012

#SixSunday #40 - Owen introduces the Anemoi... #PNR #GreekGods

I've got a new book releasing on February 1, so this will be my last post from my contemporary fantasy romance, North of Need, for a while. SNIFF!!! Megan thinks on what she's learned about Owen's divine family...and gives you a sneak peek into the future books in the series! *grins*

In the days and weeks that followed, several of Owen’s uncles, she supposed, had popped in to introduce themselves. Polite though reserved, Zephyros had found them immediately after the wedding, though he’d seemed uncomfortable around her and hadn’t stayed long. Chrysander, on the other hand, invited himself for a whole weekend and left her feeling she’d known him forever. Using the face of a compass, Owen had long-since explained the Anemoi family tree, with the four cardinal wind gods representing the north, west, south, and east, and the dozen lesser ordinal and interordinal gods. While the father of the Anemoi, a powerful storm god named Aeolus, had sent gifts to the new couple, no one else had appeared. Yet.

Zephyros is the hero of Book 2, West of Want, coming in April (I think!) Next week, we shift to In the Service of the King, my dark vampire romance!

Don't forget to check out the Other Sixers' Posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter. Thanks for reading and, hopefully, commenting!

Laura

33 comments:

romancingalix said...

Great snippet. I'm intrigued to see who else turns up.

Amy said...

Terrific snippet! This book is on my Kindle and I can't wait for some time to dig into it! Well done!
Amy Durham

Jessica Subject said...

Intriguing to learn about his family, and left curious as to who else is coming. Great six! :)

Lisa Fox said...

What a great snippet! I also wonder who is coming.

Cate Masters said...

Love their family connections! :) Can't wait for the next in the series.

Jayel Kaye said...

Great set up for the series. Good job.

Liz said...

so amazingly creative this book. congrats on all the kudos you have received and will no doubt continue to receive.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Loved your explanation of the gods :-)

laynapimentel.com said...

This was such a wonderful book. I really can't wait for the next installment!

Great snippet!

Guilie said...

Very nice! I love Greek mythology, and the wind gods have always been among my favorites. I'd love to read more of these stories you've created for them. Congratulations on the new release!

karladoyle said...

Sounds like an interesting family... Congrats on the new release!

Dee Carney said...

Great six! You've got a wide cast of characters there.

Meg Maguire said...

Ooh, just that little "yet" at the end has us wondering what's to come. Well done!

veronicascott said...

I like the idea of using the Wind Gods, very intriguing six! Will enjoy knowing more as we go...

Taryn Kincaid said...

Great world building and nice set up for the other books in the series.

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

Love the use of the compass. Such a terrific visual.

Carrie Ann Ryan said...

OOohh - I like this! This in next on my TBR so I can't wait!!!

Victoria said...

Thanks :)!

Eleri Stone said...

Such a fascinating little tease:)

Gayle said...

Sounds an intriguing story. Good luck with the release in February. :)

Patricia Green said...

You have so many interesting characters to work with there. Writing a series can be fun, fun, fun! Great 6.

Lex Valentine said...

That's a pretty interesting family!

melyndaprice said...

Great setup, intriguing without information download. Well done :)

Gem Sivad said...

I read North of Need and loved it. Now I need West of Want. *Tapping my toe impatiently*

gemma parkes said...

Beautifully written, congrats and good luck with your next release!

Brien Michaels said...

Oh, I love stories involving gods! I may have to pick this one up!

Karysa Faire said...

That's quite a family she's gotten herself into, eh? I know I'd be a little intimidated. Very interesting six!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks foc omments fun comments today, guys!!

Vivien Dean said...

Smart set-up. Thanks for sharing!

Krystal Wade said...

That's a BIG family! ;-) I might add powerful!

kerriannecoombes said...

A really facinating six! Fantastic xx

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Love this snippet...going to the estore to grab my copy now, can't believe I haven't already! It sounds fantastic xxx

Laura Kaye said...

Woot! Thanks JoAnne! :)