Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here's What I'm Hoping For in 2012!


The beginning of the year is a great time to take stock and lay out some goals. 2011 was great to me, and I'm hoping 2012 will bring more of the same! Here's what I'm working towards in the coming year:
  • Revise and submit my women's fiction manuscript. I finished writing it nearly a year ago, but after an agent loved it but wanted more conflict, I've had a set of revisions to complete I simply haven't had the time to fit in. I need to rectify that, so it's at the top of my list.
  • Meet all my existing contract obligations (for my second Harlequin Cravings, and the last two in my Anemoi series).
  • Begin a new project I'm going to be collaborating on with my good friend and historical fiction author Stephanie Dray. I can't say more about it just yet, except that I'm totally stoked!
  • Get an agent. This was on my list for last year, so obviously it's a goal I've yet to achieve. But between the women's fiction and the new project, I'm hopeful.
  • Write at least three novellas.
  • Attend RT, RWA Nationals, and the NJRW Conference (at a minimum).
  • Write at least two academic papers for my day job.
  • Get a new desk and reorganize my office. I have an old-fashioned desk that makes me lift my arms, and it's giving me a bum elbow! (I have a typing injury!!! LOL)
  • Take better care of myself in general, particularly I need more sleep (need to fight the night-owl tendencies!) and to eat better.
Oh, I'm sure there's more, but these are some of the biggies I want to make sure to put down in writing and hold myself accountable for. What's on your "hoped for" list for 2012?

Thanks for reading!


Victoria said...

WOW - you have quite a bit there. To be honest I haven't really thought about it yet. I guess I just want to get through today ;) - all the cooking and cleaning. Then I can relax a bit a figure it out.


Xandra James said...

I'm actually thinking about all this today. Change is definitely good but goals are great to keep you focussed too.

Wishing you the very best for the coming year :)

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Victoria and Xandra! Good luck to you in whatever you set your mind to!

SweetMarie83 said...

I like that you're aiming high, Laura! I have a lot of goals for 2012 rattling around in my brain and I guess I should get them out on paper (or computer screen). Good luck, my friend...wishing you all the best in 2012! :-)

Laura Kaye said...

Woohoo! Thanks, Marie! Right back atcha!

Stephanie Dray said...

I like everything you just said ;)

Laura Kaye said...

@Steph :)

Anonymous said...

Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm going to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a hard time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking
for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

Feel free to surf to my web site;Користувач:SvenLundb
My web site - online grocery shopping