Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Cover Goodness! #Vampire + Castle + Rope = Woot!

I'm thrilled to debut the cover for my dark paranormal erotic romance, IN THE SERVICE OF THE KING, which releases on February 1, 2012 from Harlequin Nocturne Cravings.

Check this bad boy out!

Here was my query blurb, sure not to survive, but it gives you a good idea of the story:
Kael the Fair, one of seven reigning vampire warrior kings, loathes the Night of the Proffering—the night he must feed from a human female virgin to maintain his immortality and his humanity.  By feeding directly from the veins of the Proffered as he takes her virginity, Kael could determine whether the mating bond exists between them—but war and a previous loss lead the king to refuse to take a mate.  Groomed for the Proffering, twenty-year-old Shayla McKinnon risks her promising academic career to make two other dreams come true—vengeance for her sister's murder at the hands of the evil Soul Eaters and the impossible goal of capturing the Warrior King’s heart.  In the feeding chamber this night, a battle of wills ensues, one played out through a game of domination and submission that might prove dangerous to both of their hearts.
I'm so excited about this new series, guys! If you know me at all, you know vampires are my favorite supernatural creature, so I'm psyched to bring some fangs and blood back into my life! LOL Oh, and, in case you're wondering, that's the Dunluce Castle ruins up there in Northern Ireland...

Thanks for reading! Would love to know if you have a favorite part of the cover! Squee!
Laura

19 comments:

Lolarific said...

I was just about to close down my dashboard for the night when I saw the cover. OMGAH. I'm head over heels in LOVE with it! That's like the perfect book cover. (Well in my opinion at least!) I love it all! The castle, the rope, the embrace...and the story sounds fantastic. I literally want to rip the book off the screen and read it now! Lol. Thank you for sharing!

Lisa Kessler said...

I love the cover Laura!!! Congratulations!!! :)

WOOT!!!

Lisa :)

Christi Barth said...

TERRIFIC cover, and the blurb has me counting the days until Feb. I can't wait to read this one!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks so much guys! I was thrilled to see it!

Juliana said...

Soooo pretty!
And I love the blurb ;)
Congrats!

Jenna Barton said...

I love the full mating/sharing blood concept and have written about it myself. There's so much there to deepen the story. Assuming this is either set in Ireland or has Celtic/Irish influences, that's also really appealing. I think Ireland has loads of untapped (heh) potential as a setting and as a source of inspiration. Frankly, I think Scotland is a bit overdone - and I'm 3/4 Scots, have two plaids AND a clan badge to hold them up so there are some old bones rolling and 'Och'-ing with that admission.

Victoria said...

I love it!

Laura Kaye said...

Woohoo! You guys are making me squee! :)

Sarah Grimm said...

Gorgeous cover, Laura!

Xah Lee said...

can't find this book on amazon. Is it out, or is there some bookstore website?

i blogged about your book, also linked to you page, btw. Wanted to add a amazon link.

Xah Lee said...

oh, just saw it's coming in Feb 2012. Thanks.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Xah Lee! :)

Anne R said...

I read this post at work today and let's just say I could not get the hot hunk kissing her neck out of my head all day. Of course, I did picture me as the "her" in that thought. :-)

aepeters said...

I don't know you. I don't know your stuff. I got here through a link posted by a mutual friend on Twitter... the words vampires and ropes will get me every time. I just want you to know that you got me. Charge whatever you want for it, I am reading this book. The cover had me curious and your blurb convinced me that I needed to know this story (a quality I envy as my own queries never turn out). You can thank Nicole Wolverton for your newest future fan.

Jessica Lee said...

ooo, love it, Laura Kaye! Smoldering and intriguing. Congratulations!

Nancy said...

LOVE the cover, and the consept is new and alluring. A great book is born!

Paige Cuccaro said...

The cover looks awesome! And fits so well with your blurb. Makes for a great impluse buy! Can't wait to read it. Congrats, Laura!!

Laura Kaye said...

@aepeters! Woot! Your comment made me giddy, among so many other wonderful comments! Nice to meetcha!

Thanks for sharing so much cover love everyone!

fran.richards50 said...

I can't wait for this to be released! Like Lolarific, I too wanted to rip the picture off the page and read it! The cover is way better then I had imagined, so the story will be even better- one of my fav authors!!