Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy 143rd Birthday, Lucien! #ForeverFreed's #Vampire Hero!

As the first book I wrote and sold, Forever Freed will always hold a special place in my heart! And, even though I'm in the midst of celebrating the release just yesterday of my contemporary fantasy romance, North of Need, I wanted to take a moment and celebrate a special occasion.

Today, is the 143rd anniversary of Lucien Demarco's birthday!

And, almost like they knew it was his special day, Romancing the Book came out with an absolutely glowing 5-star review of the book just yesterday. They said so many wonderful things about the characters and emotions of the book, but this was a favorite quote: 
"Wonderfully written with an amazing cast of characters. This was definitely not like any other vampire story I’ve read. It will pull at your heartstrings and having you reaching for a tissue."
Lucien Demarco was born as a human on November 2, 1868 (the Day of the Dead, for what it's worth!) on a farm outside Modena, Italy. He and his wife and young daughter migrated to New York City in October of 1894, and an evil vampire changed the trajectory of his whole life on May 14, 1895. He never considered his birthday something to celebrate until Samantha finally convinced him otherwise...

So, now, I need your help... What do you you give a 143-year-old vampire, anyway? *winks*

Thanks for reading!
Laura

6 comments:

Poison Rose said...

I'd play baby sitter to Ollie for a weekend so Sam and Lucien can have a weekend out to have some fun as adults. Happy Birthday Lucien!! You don't a day over 50!! LOL

Eternal Love,
Poison

GraceDZ said...

Happy Birthday, Lucien! I like Poison Rose's idea. :)

Laura Kaye said...

Poison--that's a great idea! LOL
Thanks for commenting guys!

Mindy fangedmom said...

Uhm...self sacrifice..he is a vampire after all *winks* yip...total mind in the gutter on this one!

Laura Kaye said...

LOL I like the way you think, Mindy!

Karen C said...

I think I'd give him ... Anything he wants!!

Congratulations on the great reviews.