The statistics on e-books and e-readers show that all things digital are coming to dominate book sales and book formats. So, in celebration of Cyber Monday - when retailers hope you'll direct that Black Friday shopping enthusiasm to online buying - I'm sharing some informative and heartening e-book statistics:
|Credit Media Bistro and AAP|
- E-book sales now outpace print book sales, as sales of e-books nearly tripled in the US from 2009 to 2010.
- Industry predictions indicate that by 2015, there will be twice as many owners of tablet PCs than there are of dedicated e-readers
- Over a million tablets were sold in the US in the first 9 months of 2011
- Over 11 million iPads were sold in the US in the first 9 months of 2011
- 11% of the US adult population owns a tablet
- 77% of those adult tablet owners use it on a daily basis
- 61% of tablet owners are women
- 1/6 Americans own an e-reader, and another 1/6 plan to buy one within the next six months
- 94% of e-reader owners have bought a book in the past year
- While 16% of all Americans report reading 11-20 books a year, 32% of e-reader owners report reading 11-20 books a year
- The Kindle Fire reportedly sold 95,000 on the first day
- Smashwords hit the 3,000,000 words published mark in September, after hitting the 2 million mark just four months earlier. It took them two years to hit the 1 million mark
So, if you find yourself online today and in the mood to shop, please consider one of my four available titles - which would make a great gift this holiday season: for yourself or someone you love! Make your purchase into an awesome wrap-able present by buying a super-cute thumb drive (like these, for instance) and loading e-books on it.
Three of my titles are amazon bestsellers (Hearts in Darkness, Forever Freed, North of Need) and two won or have been nominated for awards (Hearts in Darkness, Forever Freed). North of Need was recently recommended by Paperback Dolls as THE romance to buy as a gift this holiday season! Give one or all a try!
I personally own a Nook and have the Kindle app on my iPhone. How about you? Thanks so much for reading, and happy Cyber Monday!