Friday, October 21, 2011

Cross Your Fingers for Me & #ForeverFreed!

Happy Friday guys! There's so much goodness going on right now! 

First, if you haven't already entered my Hearts in Darkness Dark Chocolate Book Birthday Bash, scroll down to the previous blog post and do so!

Second, I'm off to New Jersey today for the New Jersey Romance Writers Put Your Hearts in a Book Conference! I love these getaway weekends, and am looking forward to learning, spending time with friends, and putting names and faces together for folks I've met online!

Third, my vampire romance FOREVER FREED is a finalist in two categories (Best First Book, Best Paranormal Romance) in NJRW's Golden Leaf contest for Published Authors, and the awards ceremony is tonight. I am beyond nervous, guys, seriously! While of course I'd love this book to win at least one of the awards, I am absolutely thrilled it finaled. Given NJ's proximity to New York, there are a lot of agents at this conference, and the book will be listed on NJRW's website for the whole year--those are both prizes in themselves. Still, fingers crossed for me??? Thanks!

Fourth, it's also Forever Freed's book birthday - 5 months yesterday! So hard to believe!

Well, I guess that's about it--and it's more than enough! Now, I'm off on my big conference adventure, and I hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for reading,
Laura

3 comments:

Rhianna said...

Oooh have fun and good luck, good luck, good luck!

Karen C said...

Hope you have a great weekend at the NJRW conference. Wishing you the best of luck and keeping fingers crossed for you!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks guys!