Monday, September 5, 2011

Welcome Guest Author Stacey Kennedy!

I'm so pleased to welcome 
guest author
Stacey Kennedy
to the blog today!

Welcome, Stacey!  Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

*waves* I love urban fantasy/paranormal and erotic romance!! Nothing can hook me in more than an adventure, witty characters, dominant men, danger, romance and hot sex―oh my!

My novels are lighthearted fantasy with heart squeezing, thigh-clenching romance, and even give a good chuckle every now and again. But within the stories you’ll find fast paced action, life threatening moments and a big bad villain that needs to be destroyed.

If I’m not plugging away at my next novel, tending to my two little ones, I’ve got my nose deep in a good book. I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband.

Awesome! Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

Can the whispers of evil be hushed by love, or will it be lost forever…

Nayeli has been locked away, hidden from the world in a mental institution, all due to the whispers of evil which have corrupted her mind. Unbeknownst to her, the voices that have plagued her are a gift given to only one kind―Watchers.

Griffin, her Seeker, is about to break this cage of imprisonment woven around her and give her a new chance at life. But when a demon leaves the confines of Hell to create havoc in Louisiana, will his love for Nayeli free her wounded heart, or will she succumb to the whispers which threaten to steal her soul?

*WARNING: Explicit sex between a timid Watcher and a gorgeous Seeker, and a ceremony that will certainly raise eyebrows!

Love the warning!!! Will there be any sequels or other books in the same series?

This is the second book in The Watchers series. I’ve planned to write two more to finish off the series. Now I just have to find the time to do it! The next book is nagging at me, because it’ll be Tate’s book and he’s my favorite character in The Watchers books. I’m hoping to get it finished in the fall once the kids go back to school and I have more time to write.

What was the hardest thing for you about writing this story?

Honestly, nothing. The Watchers series for whatever reason are the easiest stories I’ve ever done. Once I start writing, I can’t stop. I can finish one of these stories, which are around 50,000 words, in two weeks. That’s how much they consume me. I love this world and the characters. So, it makes writing fun!

Very cool. What are you working on right now?

I’m currently working on Bite Me, I’m Yours. It’s a paranormal romance, filled with a snarky heroine and a sexy-as-sin vampire hero. I should have it wrapped up in a couple weeks and plan to release it in a month or so.

That sounds awesome! What happened to the first book you ever wrote?

The first book I ever wrote was The Willow – The Magical Sword Book One. It came out with Liquid Silver Books as an ebook in 2010. I’ve recently sold the series to Entangled Publishing. It’ll be re-released, as a full-length novel (80-90K), and has been renamed, Werewolves Be Damned – Magic & Mayhem Book One.

Yay! Congratulations on the Entangled sale! Have you incorporated actual events or people from your own life into your books?

Um, no! I really couldn’t ever put anyone I know into my books. It’d feel wrong to put them in the dangerous situations my characters find themselves in. And I really couldn’t write a love scene with anyone I know in mind. *shudders*

LOL Is there a theme or message that runs through your work?

I love emotion in stories. All of my books will have an underlying theme that the woman has to overcome. It could be self-doubt, the journey of seeing their life come full circle, or even just an issue going on their lives. So yes, I love romance, danger, adventure, mystery, but I really like seeing a woman come into her own.

Which romance book or series (or other genre, if you don’t write romance) do you wish you had written?

I’d love to write a historical romance. I bow down to anyone who can do it. Give me a man in a kilt, who speaks Gaelic, and fights for what he believes in...and I’m captivated! But I’ll leave that to the experts and just read them!

Okay, no, just for fun:
Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Milk chocolate—YUM!

Salty or sweet? I love both. Just depends on my mood.

Bed or kitchen table? Do I have to pick just one?

Beach or mountains? Love relaxing on a beach, but mountains sure give a splendid view to admire.

Give or receive? I’m a giver as much as I am a taker! It’s a win-win!

All right, guys, are You Ready for this Teaser Excerpt???:
A noise drew Griffin away from his thoughts. He glanced over his shoulder, and Nayeli stood behind him, a stunning beauty. The women had obviously not only let her shower, but had given her clothes and makeup. He thought her beautiful before. Now, she was breathtaking, wearing a black camisole and jeans. Her dark hair fell soft and silky over her shoulders. Her eyes appeared sexy outlined by dark eye-shadow. Her cheeks were rosy, and her lips an enticing soft pink. He’d questioned if he could love—Am I capable—now he had no doubt. This woman belonged to him. “You’re back,” he said gently.

“I’m back,” she whispered, now standing in the middle of the room.

He could see her tremble, the fear of what was to come reflected in her eyes. He’d rectify that. She might be afraid of his touches for now. She probably worried that this would hurt, but he would bring her to a point where she begged for his advances. Bring her to a state where she whispered his name from her pouty mouth. “Come here, Nayeli.”

She paused, a moment that left Griffin’s breath in his throat. Her soft green eyes were wide and looked worried. “I…I…”

He let out a long breath and went to her. With each step he took, she reciprocated by taking a step back. He stopped, not wanting to startle her. “Why do you fear me?”

She looked away from his gaze to the prevalent bulge in his black shorts that appeared the moment he saw her. “It’s not you so much, as that.”

Withholding his grin was near impossible. He began his approach to her again in slow, steady movements. She continued her movement backwards until she met the wall with a loud thud. She gasped.

“You fear it now, but in time, you will grow to crave it.”

“I’m not sure I can do this,” she whispered.

He closed in on her, stopped in front of her, and looked down into those eyes that could melt his soul. “You can.” He gave her a firm look. “And you will.”

“But I…”

He leaned down close to her mouth, and her breath came out in quick pants he was sure were due to fear. “Nayeli, you’re safe with me. I have waited years, more years than you could fathom, to have you just like this. I’m only pleased that no one has shared your bed. You have a right to be nervous, even a right to fear what will happen here, but this has to be done, not only for you to join our house, but because I cannot wait another moment not being connected to your body.”

“Will it…” She looked up to him with sweet innocent eyes. “Will it feel good?”

He grinned. “I will ensure it does.” Then, he ran his finger along her soft rosy cheek. “Of course, it may hurt a little at first, but I promise to erase that pain with pleasure.”

A little smile lifted the side of her face. She stepped in closer, and her body came tight against his hardened length. “Well…that doesn’t sound so bad.”

He arched his brow, grinning in return. “No, it doesn’t.” Then, he leaned down and captured her lips, gentle at first, testing her ways. His hands came up around her face as he titled her head back, bringing her mouth higher to meet his. Slowly, she succumbed and parted her lips, and he continued with open mouth kisses. He worked his mouth along with hers in a manner that would weaken her in the knees.
Thanks for coming on the blog! Where can we find you on the web?

Ooh! What a great excerpt! What was your favorite part? Let Stacey know!

Thanks for reading,
Laura & Stacey


Laura Kaye said...

Welcome to my blog, Stacey!

Stacey said...

Thanks for having me, Laura! Your profile pic is so pretty!! ;-)

Roxanne Rhoads said...

I have this book on my Kindle- I need more time to read so I can get to it. It sounds so hot!

Stacey said...

Aw, thanks Roxanne!I hope you enjoy it! I really love writing in this world! ;)

Kiru Taye said...

A great interview. Stacey, congratulations on your sale to Entangled Publishing. Your book excerpt was hot.

PaigeTurner said...

Steamy excerpt! I'll have to check out your novel!
Beth W.

Laura Kaye said...

Hi Paige and Kiru--thanks for stopping by! It is hot, isn't it??? :)

Erin said...

Finally had a few moments to stop on over - and so glad that I did. This type of book is exactly what I crave - and thank you Laura for feeding my addictions.. Loved the excerpt completely - in fact looking into buying the first book now! Love adding new authors to my Nook!
Thanks again to both of you for sharing!

Laura Kaye said...

Woot! Awesome, Erin!

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your links with Shortest and make dollars for every visitor to your short urls.