Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Inaugural Vlog - Sharing Some Goodies!

Well, I'm excited and a bit nervous to share my inaugural attempt at vlogging with you. If you're new to the idea and the word, "vlogs" are video blogs, where a person speaks in a video format rather than writes a blog post. Fun, huh? I thought it would be a great way to go since I'm sharing some swag goodies, and this way lets me show them to you and tell you all about them!

Without further ado, my first vlog:
video

Here's the cute snowman snowglobe, a little more clearly.
So, lessons learned from my first vlog:
1) Clean off any surfaces behind me before recording the first time. No way I could let that clutter stay in the shot! LOL
2) Lock my dog out of the office before recording, so his barks didn't interrupt mid-vlog. Yep. That was my second take.
3) Speak with a little less volume so it doesn't reverberate quite as much.
4) Try not to say the word "cool" 8,001 times. *grins*

Otherwise, it was kinda totally fun, even though I'm a bit dorky in it. Still, what d'ya think?

Thanks for reading, and viewing!
Laura

17 comments:

Lisa Kessler said...

Ha! That was cute Laura!!! :)

I'm pretty sure mine would involve much more giggling! LOL

You were awesome...

And thanks for the Night Walker shout out too!!! We're so lucky Heather gave us Ab-tacular covers!!!

Lisa :)

Laura Kaye said...

Totally abtacular! Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

You are far braver than me! Great inaugural vlog! Very clever way to share all those yummy visuals. :)

Also, congratulations on the EPIC final! :)

Rayka Mennen said...

Yeah, way braver than I am...great job Laura. Love that hero's trading card - I didn't catch his name but really, who needs a name?
Nice work.

Magda Alexander said...

Too, too cute, Laura! Loving Owen. Can't wait until his book comes out!

Laura Kaye said...

Yay! Thanks everybody for all the great feedback! Kinda fun! :D

Kaitlyn said...

Great vlog, Laura! North of Need sounds really good! I love the premise!

-Kaitlyn
www.kaitlynschulz.com
nocturnalreadings.blogspot.com

Heather Howland said...

Hey, the excerpt booklet looks awesome! It's great for me to see how those things look as well :-) So glad you love the cover so much. Excellent job on the vlog!

Laura Kaye said...

Grinning here, Kaitlyn! Thanks so much!!!

Aubrie said...

You're so brave to do your first vlog! Great trading cards. :) Well spoken and excellent job!

Joya said...

Wow! Very impressive, Laura. What a fun video. I cracked up every time you said "lickable abs." You come across as friendly and professional (just like you do in real life).
Love, love, love the excerpt book for North of Need. The font is super...uh oh, I almost said cool. Okay, the font is super dooper.
Wait a minute. This book is about a snowman in the mountains during a snowstorm. I think you should use cool a lot MORE. LOL. :)

Laura Kaye said...

I'm so loving everyone's comments!!!

Heather--thanks for stopping by! Yes, the excerpts booklets are BEAUTIFUL!!! I found myself rereading the story! LOL Really, you did a wonderful job putting it altogether and smartpress did a really quality job printing them!

Aubrie--LOL, well, sorta well spoken! Beyond repeating cool every two seconds, I also mentioned quite a few times about the lickability of the cover! LOL

Joya--totally fun comment, woman! Loved!

GraceDZ said...

Fun! Great job! Just keep showing us more man candy trading cards, and we'll forget all about the background. :)

Catherine Bybee said...

You go girl! Way to go with the vlog. Much like swimming, you gotta jump in and get wet to win. Keep 'em coming.

Catherine Bybee said...

You go girl! Way to go with the vlog. Much like swimming, you gotta jump in and get wet to win. Keep 'em coming.

Catherine Bybee said...

Oops! Double post... so sorry.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys! I appreciate it! :)