Sunday, August 7, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #22!

Three years ago this week, the fiction bug bit me, sending me on this wonderful journey of words and friends. The book that came out of that first exciting rush of writing was my vampire romance, Forever Freed. So, in honor of the anniversary, here are six from the Black Moment (dun dun dun!) in this book. Lucien is speaking to a sleeping five-year-old child:

“I love you, precious Ollie. The way you accepted me, the way you looked at me—I’ll never forget your kindness or your love. I hope you’ll always be able to remember how much I loved and adored you. You and your mom will have long wonderful lives together. And though we won’t see each other again”—I paused, swallowing down the nauseating blend of Samantha’s emotions and my own turmoil—“know I’ll always be thinking about you, wondering what great things you’re accomplishing.” I took a deep breath, steadying my voice, then whispered, “Dream sweet dreams, Ollie, forever.”

Oops! Did I forgot to mention HANKY ALERT! LOL

DOUBLE HANKY ALERT if you think about/listen to Billy Joel's "Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)" (embedded in yesterday's post) while reading this!

Don't forget to check out the Other Sixers' posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter. Thanks to everyone who drops by each week to read and comment--I appreciate every one!

Thanks for reading,
Laura

34 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

A very emotional six!

An Open Book said...

What a powerful moment...and yes, hanky alert necessary
Dawne P

Paula Martin said...

So emotional, I felt his heartache and anguish. Superb six.

Debra Moore said...

Love the rhythm here!

romancingalix said...

You So forgot to mention the hanky alert, and it was needed. Beautifully written emotion and turmoil. Thank you.

Piper said...

Wow, what a tear jerking six. Amazing emotional imagery, but definitely a tear jerker. I've ruined my mascara :-) Fantastic work.

Rebecca Royce said...

Oh wow. Crying.

Joanne Stewart said...

Awww, I love this. Very emotional. Fabulous six!

Gem Sivad said...

I bought this book last week. I can tell everyone this snippet is only one of many wonderful scenes.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone! And, Gem, you made my morning! :)

metallifan15 said...

Yes, a hanky alert would have been nice. My eyes did start to well up, especially since I did watch Billy Joel sing Lullaby yesterday afternoon. Excellent six as always Laura!

Jessica K said...

Boo hoo! This is nicely unusual for SSS!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Oh, so sad.

Eleri Stone said...

So sad. You really know how to pull on the heartstrings.

Carrie Ann Ryan said...

Sooo sad - and you should have warned us! LOL

Alexandra O'Hurley said...

Loved the emotion. Nice six.

Xakara said...

Lovely emotion!

~Xakara
A Way To A Dragon's Heart 6SS

Sandra Sookoo said...

Ooh, powerful moment there. Great 6!

Cassandra Carr said...

Awww. Not too many things can make me feel sorry for a vampire, but that did it!!!

Sam Crescent said...

Wonderful writing. Thank you for sharing

Lisa Fox said...

Awww, sweet and emotional and sad.

Kathleen Grieve said...

Another tear jerker! Way to put a lump in my throat! Superb Six!

Lex Valentine said...

Wonderfully tender!

Bree said...

Awwwwwwww!!!!! Emotional six!o

Graylin Fox said...

Awe, sad, poignant, and beautiful.

Vivien Dean said...

Wrenching. Thanks for sharing!

lexcade said...

So sad! But beautifully written and expressive.

Stacey said...

Sigh. Beautiful!

lizculver said...

This was emotionally packed - very full of sorrow - nicely done.

naelany said...

ack! hanky alert, indeed! *sniffle* Why do you do this to me? How do you do this to me? In just six sentences!

great job, bb ;-)

mirriamsmyth said...

So few sentences but what an emotional impact. Moving and gripping six.

Pippa Jay said...

Oh, so sad!

Lynne Murray said...

Very sad--a moving six sentences!

Dee Carney said...

Aww! *sniffle*