Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Cover Love!

I'm so excited to share with you my latest cover! North of Need is Book 1 in the Heart of the Anemoi series and will release November 1 from Entangled Publishing. Look at this abslicious gorgeousness!

Heather Howland is clearly the goddess of cover design. I'm totally in love! And it's such a great representation of my hero, Owen Winters, and the magic and fantasy of the story!

Here's the blurb:
While attempting to escape the agonizing memories she associates with Christmas, twenty-nine-year-old widow Megan Snow builds a snow family outside the mountain cabin she once shared with her husband—and collapses in tears against the snowman at the sight of what she’ll never have.

Called to life by the power of Megan’s tears, snow god Owen Winters appears unconscious on her doorstep in the midst of a raging blizzard. As she nurses him to health, Owen finds unexpected solace in her company and unimagined pleasure in the warmth of her body, and vows to win her heart for a chance at humanity.

Megan is drawn to Owen’s mismatched eyes, otherworldly masculinity, and enthusiasm for the littlest things, and her heart opens enough to believe he’s a Christmas miracle. But this miracle comes with an expiration—before the snow melts and the temperature rises, Megan must let go of her widow’s grief and learn to trust love again, or she’ll lose Owen forever.
North of Need has already earned advanced praise from paranormal romance author of the Harlequin Nocturne Mythica series, Stephanie Draven:
Using ancient winter mythology as an allegory for grief, Kaye has written a sexy story that packs a powerful emotional punch. With a heroine you can root for and a hero who is a dream come true, NORTH OF NEED is pure winter magic and Kaye’s sparkling talent warms the heart.
Stay tuned here for the North of Need blog tour, October 25 - November 18, with a book giveaway at every stop!

So, whatd'ya think??? Thanks for reading,
Laura

31 comments:

rosalielario.com said...

Oh man, I'm drooling over this one! I love the concept; can't wait to read this!!

Maeve said...

I think this series will be a MUST READ! It looks awesome.

:-)

Donnell said...

Lovely, Laura. Congrats! October's just around the corner

Lucianne Rivers said...

Love the cover. Fabulous as usual.

Karen Cote said...

Very sexy! Congrats.

Piper said...

Wonderful cover. Congratulations!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks everybody! I can't wait for this series to release! :D

Lisa Kessler said...

YUM!!!!!

What a gorgeous cover!!!!! :)

So happy for you Laura!!!!

Lisa :)

queenofenglish said...

After reading Hearts of Darkness and Freed Forever I was hoping you had another novel coming soon.

North of Need is the answer to my prayers -- if I don't go through Laura Kaye withdrawal before it's published in November.

I guess I could always read Freed Forever again. I wonder if I'll cry again when .....

MM the Queen of English

Laura Kaye said...

MM--Thanks for that! I'm grinning from ear to ear! So glad you enjoyed FF and HiD. I can't wait for this new one either!

:)

Danielle said...

Makes me want to snuggle by the fire! Love, love LOVE the cover! ;)

Laura Kaye said...

Ooh, yes it does, Danielle! Thanks for stopping by!

Aubrie said...

Congrats on this awesome cover! Love the snowflakes and the compass in the middle. Nice touches.

Dawn Chartier said...

Very very nice! Heather did a wonderful job. And the book sounds great.

Dawn

KendallGrey said...

Beautiful cover, and the blurb sounds fantastic! Right up my alley, in fact. :-) Best of luck.

Angi Morgan said...

Very nice cover !
Story sounds awesome!

~Angi

Terry Spear/Terry Lee Wilde said...

He's gorgeous!

Shelley Munro said...

Just gorgeous. The story sounds great too:)

Shea Berkley said...

Big, huge congratulations, Laura! Love the concept and the cover. Yippee!!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for loving on my cover with me, guys! :D

Rebecca Royce said...

I love the cover and I am going to read it. It sounds fantastic. When does it come out?

Laura Kaye said...

Yay, Rebecca! It releases November 1!

Tara Lynn Mosby said...

Beautiful cover! I love the concept for the series, I can't wait to read it. I adored Hearts in Darkness! Good luck to you. :)

Laura Kaye said...

Awesome, Tara! Thanks!

Jen Dempsey said...

wow! the story sounds wonderful-- can't wait to read it! and holy mackerel, that's a gorgeous cover! =D

Lizzie Walker said...

OH WOW Laura! This is gorgeous, that's what I think. I also think, I need to pick up your book. :-)

Laura Kaye said...

Woohoo, Jen and Lizzie! Thanks for that! :)

Heather Howland said...

Your stories make designing covers easy :-) So glad you love it!

Jodi said...

Heather did the fantastic cover? Is there anything she can't do? Big congrats, Laura!

Joelle Walker

Laura Kaye said...

Is so true, Jodi! Thanks!

And, aw, Heather, you're so sweet!

Ciara said...

Gorgeous cover! I'm so sorry I'm late to the party. I'm just now catching up on email with Savvy and FF&P. :) Congratulations, this is an awesome cover.