Sunday, June 19, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #18

It's Sunday, so that means I have six sentences for you! Once again, here are Lucien and Samantha from Forever Freed:
My thinking suddenly crystalized. I loved Samantha and Olivia Sutton and needed them in my life. I had to try to be good enough for them and make this work. For the first time in more than a century, I allowed myself to have someone to love, something to hope for. I could swear, in the hollow of my chest, my heart started beating again.
Lying there on the great-room floor at Orchard Hill, I came back to life.
I totally love this moment of epiphany for Lucien! And I hope you do too!

Be sure to visit the other Sixers' posts, and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Twitter!

I'm blogging about first person point of view, including some excerpts from Forever Freed, over at the Black Rose Blog! I'd love it if some of you dropped by! *grins*

If you're celebrating it, I hope you have a great Father's Day! Thanks for reading and commenting, as always--I truly appreciate it!

Laura

20 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

A very tender moment when love brings him to life. Great six!

Gem Sivad said...

I like the way you handled the first POV. And Lucien in any POV is quite splendid. :)

romancingalix said...

I'm with Gem, Lucien really is quite splendid, and I breathed a smile, he has warmed my heart.

Liz said...

I'm a writer but I simply can't say with words how much I loved this!

Sam Crescent said...

Beautiful.

An Open Book said...

LOVE when a man "comes' back to life- great 6
Dawne p

Dee Carney said...

Aww! So touching!

naelany said...

awww, that's awesome

vernac said...

I loved your phrase, "I came back to life." It makes the scene pop.

Zee Monodee said...

Love how you brought this realization about. Well done!

Xakara said...

What a wonderful capture of his revelation! Loved it :)

~Xakara
A Way To A Dragon's Heart

Lindsay said...

Love how you brought his thoughts to life

Cate Masters said...

Excellent interior monologue. Great teaser for a tender moment. Makes me want to read more!

wearegoingonawitchhunt said...

Awww he came back to life for her! Sweeet :)

Sarah Grimm said...

Oh, I love this! Moving six!

Sandra Sookoo said...

aww, what a nice post. I'm going to have to buy this book just for that :-)

Taryn Kincaid said...

Very touching. Love conquers all!

Michele Barrow-Belisle said...

Wow, that was so beautiful.

Kathleen Grieve said...

A very poignant moment in his long life. Beautifully written!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Kathleen! And thanks to everyone for commenting! :)