Saturday, May 21, 2011

Welcome Author Lucy Felthouse!

I’m really excited to have as a guest to the blog today author Lucy Felthouse!

Welcome, Lucy! Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I've been writing since University, where I was dared to write an erotic story. It went down a storm and I've never looked back. Since then, I've had stories published by Cleis Press, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance and Xcite Books.

I write under my own name and primarily pen contemporary, F/F and paranormal erotica.

Ooh, great beginnings! Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

My latest release is my first from Noble Romance, and is called A Bit of Rough. It's a long short story about a woman who meets a guy in a pub and despite the fact he's a bit of a bad boy and clearly no good, she's drawn to him. The story tells the tale of what happens when they go back to his place…

That title is SOOOOO promising! One for the TBR pile, for sure! Which character is your favorite and why?

I really like the character of Andrew, or Drew, as he prefers to be called. He is a bit of an idiot, but he's gorgeous, dangerous and very good in bed!

That’s not a bad set of characteristics! LOL As the author, what surprised you about this story?

How much fun it was to write! The idea was a fairly basic one, but it developed into quite a long piece (as short stories go, anyway!) with plenty of hot sex!

Truth in advertising, then! Excellent! *grins* Will there be any sequels or other books in the same series?

I'd say it's fairly unlikely. This story is very much a one-off.

My next release from Noble Romance, Bite with Height, is an erotic romance which is absolutely crying out for a sequel. That one's being released in early June – so watch this space!

Congrats on another release! What was the hardest thing for you about writing this story?

Making Drew a character people love to hate, rather than just plain dislike! I hope I succeeded.

An interesting balance to strike. What are you working on right now?

I'm currently putting together my second anthology. Late last year, I edited an anthology called Uniform Behaviour. It was so much fun and is receiving such good reviews that I decided to do it all again! The as yet untitled anthology has an erotic mythology theme.

Wow, congratulations on that. I’ve been seeing Uniform Behaviour everywhere. And, woo, that cover is insanely hawt! What happened to the first book you ever wrote?

I honestly couldn't tell you. I was forever writing as a child and was always surrounded by reams of paper. My demented scrawls have probably decomposed by now.

LOL What do you find easiest and hardest to write?

I find contemporary stories the easiest to write as there's little to no research necessary. I just take an idea and run with it.

I find BDSM very difficult to write. Having said that, I do get good responses about those types of stories so I must be doing something right!

I agree with you on contemporaries, and what you said about BDSM stories is precisely why I haven’t tried to tackle one yet. I so enjoy reading them, though! Have you incorporated actual events or people from your own life into your books?

Oh, of course! I think most writers take elements from real life, even if it's just a place, a name, or what someone looks like. I haven't ever written anything that happened word for word as my life just isn't exciting enough to make good fiction. But that's where my imagination comes in!

Is there a theme or message that runs through your work?

No, I wouldn't say so. I don't really write 'deep' pieces of work. The only theme in my work is what you see is what you get!

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

I'm only 25. Lots of people seem to think I'm much older, I don’t know why!

Because you’ve already accomplished so much, which is awesome! Which romance book or series (or other genre, if you don’t write romance) do you wish you had written?

That's easy. I wish I'd thought of Harry Potter! Money worries would be a thing of the past!

LOL, true! Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

Ooh, this is a good one. I actually really like the vampire, Meg, who's one of the main characters in my next Noble Romance release, Bite with Height. She's strong, smart and lives in the beautiful city of Paris. She also has a very interesting lifestyle. I'm not telling you what, though, because it'll give the whole plot away!

Okay, now, just for fun:
Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Milk.

Salty or sweet? Sweet.

Bed or kitchen table? Heh. Depends on what you're doing.

Beach or mountains? Mountains.

Give or receive? Depends what we're talking about!

Thanks for being coming on the blog! Where can we find you on the web?
Thanks so much for having me Laura, it's been a pleasure!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING MY GUEST!

And thanks for reading,
Laura & Lucy

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great interview!!! The short sounds shmexy and I'm very interested in the Uniform Behavior anthology. Rowr!

Laura Kaye said...

So glad to have Lucy here today! Leave her some love everyone!

@Lisa--thanks for stopping by!

Sharon Buchbinder said...

Lucy--

So glad you took the dare! GO GIRL! I love confident young women. Your books now on my TBR pile!

Sharon