Sunday, May 15, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #14


This is an exciting Six Sentence Sunday for me because I’m about to celebrate my second release in a month, this time for my debut novel-length paranormal romance, Forever Freed!  This story is about a reclusive vampire who falls in love with the woman he planned to kill and her young daughter.  In this scene, something bad has just happened, and 5-year-old Ollie reveals to hero Lucien Demarco that she knows something’s up with him:


“Ollie, we need to talk.”
“I won’t tell anyone, I promise,” she said, her voice guileless and blue eyes serious.
I frowned. “You won’t tell anyone what?”
“About what you are.”
“What…”—I gently pulled her arm so she was facing me, then knelt down in front of her—“Ollie, what do you think I am?”
My, my, my, what do you think she says??? You know, there’s one way to find out!  Forever Freed officially releases on May 20, but the print edition is already available to order… *grins*

If you need further encouragement, check out this incredible review Forever Freed already received!

So, thanks for stopping in again and for commenting (hint, hint!). Be sure to check out the other Sixers’ comments and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter!


Thanks for reading,
Laura

PS--Consider entering my Bag of Hearts giveaway over at Sizzling Hot Book Reviews! Winner will be announced May 31!

34 comments:

Gayle said...

Hmm, wonder if she knows the truth or think he's something/somebody else.

Congrats on your imminent release!

Jessica Subject said...

Always great when children know secrets. ;) Fabulous six! Congrats on your upcoming release! I love the trading card too.

Gem Sivad said...

My imagination took off on that snippet. I definitely want to know "what he is" and what Ollie thinks he is. Great six!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Fantastic snippet! Congrats on the release :-)

Roberta Walker said...

Congrats on the release! And this 6 is great! Does he - deep down - want her to know? Does she even really know? Hope we find out soon!

Jennifer L Hart said...

Yeah! Congratulations on the release!

Liz said...

Love this - very sweet - especially from a vampire!

Patricia Preston said...

Great six. Ollie is a scene stealer.

Graylin Fox said...

Trying to fool children is more of a mind game on the adults. Lovely. Want to know if she gets it right.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting everybody! @Patricia--you're so right! @Graylin--it's true, you gotta wonder who REALLY has the power in this relationship!

Oh, man, I love Lucien and Ollie together! :)

Taryn Kincaid said...

Kids are such scene stealers! Love how you've done this. Congrats on the new release and best wishes for mega sales!

Lisa Fox said...

Great six and I LOVE her card. She is so cute!

Luxie Ryder said...

Great six! Good luck with your release :)

Lisa said...

I can't wait to read this!

Meg said...

Interesting!! Congrats on your 2nd release!

Carolyn Rosewood said...

OOO! What is he??

Lucy Felthouse said...

Great six, and congrats on the release! :D

Liia Ann White said...

Oohh I love this!
Congrats on the release too!

theresegilardi said...

laura, i love your cover - it really draws me in. this sounds like a fascinating story. best, therese

sassyspeaks said...

vampire? did someone say vampire ?

Jessica K said...

Congrats and more congrats! Looks like a wonderful story.

ada-hoffmann said...

Awww. This is sweet and cutely awkward, and it makes me want more.

Jayel Kaye said...

sounds like she really matters to him and there's nothing better than the truth of a child

naelany said...

Ruh Roh, George! ;-)

So excited for you, sweets :-)

JoAnne Kenrick said...

loving this six.. and blue eyes serious -- what a line! Fab

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Oh... and congrats on the 2nd release this month! WOOT

AllureVanSanz said...

Awesome dialog. Well done.

All my best,
Allure

Kim Knox said...

Nice interaction and congrats on your release :)

Lynne Murray said...

Suspenseful six! Congrats on the upcoming release!

lexcade said...

Aww she's so cute!!! Kids have a knack for knowing when something's not quite right. Great six!

Lindsay said...

You can hear the innocence in Ollie's voice. Love it

Eleri Stone said...

Sweet little kid talking to a vampire makes me all kinds of nervous. Hope he's a good guy.

Sandy Ruth said...

This takes mistaken identity to a new level! Fun six.

laynap said...

Great six and love how the innocence of a child adds to the scene.