Sunday, May 1, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #12! (& Voting Help?)

Howdy folks! Welcome back for more Six Sentence Sunday fun! So, I'm REALLY excited to share these six because 1) they continue right along from last week's excerpt from my erotic romance that y'all seemed to like so much ;) and 2) DECADENT PUBLISHING JUST OFFERED ME A CONTRACT FOR THIS STORY!!! It's called JUST GOTTA SAY and I got the contract offer just last night! (I have other news, too, for after...) Without further ado, my six, in Callie's point of view:
            Each night since, she’d given in to the ache, her own fingers a poor substitute for her imaginings of what the guys’ thick fingers and thicker cocks would feel like.  She’d never before come to such images, but now they got her off faster than anything ever had.
            But, damn, as good as it was, it wasn’t enough.  Callie needed more.
            In her room, she cued up the Sexy Times playlist on her iPod and let one suggestive tune after another soak in.  She shed her clothes and slinked into a short, hot pink silky robe, then dropped to her knees at the edge of her closet and yanked a bag from behind a crate of shoes.
My idea of Callie's primary crush, Lucas Branson!!

If the new sale wasn't exciting enough, my debut contemporary HEARTS IN DARKNESS is up for book of the month at Sizzling Hot Book Reviews, an honor garnered from its receipt of a 5-STAR review! Voting ends today (May 1) at 8 p.m. - would you please consider voting by clicking here??? It would mean so much and result in some great promotion opportunities for my book!


Thanks for reading, and commenting - I always love to read your thoughts! See other Sixers' excerpts here!
Laura

42 comments:

Gem Sivad said...

Hmmm, I'm thinking I know what's in that bag hidden behind the crate of shoes. Very nice set up, Laura.

heatherthurmeier said...

Hot snippet! Congrats on the new sale! Very exciting. And congrats on your awesome review. I voted!

Sandra Sookoo said...

nice snippet! and terrific pic!

Sarah Grimm said...

Congrats on the contract offer! Love the pic of Lucas. And that snippet it hot, hot, hot!

Rebecca Royce said...

First off, congratulations on the contract! That is great news. And I LOVED that snippet.

ada-hoffmann said...

Oh, I think we all know that "not enough" feeling... And congrats on the contract! That's very exciting!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Congrats on the contract! Hot six!

Cate Masters said...

Congrats on the contract, and the great review! I voted. Good luck!

Jayel Kaye said...

bet I know what she's looking for and if she isn't, she should be. Can we all say mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

D L Jackson said...

Power tools!
Something tells me a steamy scene follows.
Thanks for sharing

Laura Kaye said...

Oh, either you all are a bunch of smarties or you have some "power tools" tucked away in the back of your own closets!!!! Hmm??? Which is it now???

;) Thanks for all the comments and congrats!

An Open Book said...

Oh my Lord- help me- that one really made me think of a cold shower- damn that was good
Dawne P

KarennaC said...

Great snippet, and congrats on the contract!

Cara Bristol said...

First...congrats on your sale. Happy news. Now...what's in the bag?

Vivien Jackson said...

Tease! Now I need to know what's in the bag. (Congratulations on the contract and contest!)

Carolyn Rosewood said...

Great snippet!

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Awseome, congrats on the DP contract offer! WOOT

As for the six...nice work! I feel her frustration. Sometimes, self play just isn't enough, so I hope she finds what she needs for release in that bag!

Lindsay said...

Heated six. Bet the bag contained a poor substitute for the real thing.

Jessica1971 said...

Very yummy :) Can't wait to read ALL of it!

PaigeTurner said...

Woo hoo!! It really IS one I've seen before!

The rest of you are in for a treat--I've seen a sneak preview and JUST GOTTA SAY is smokin' hot!!

If you haven't read HEARTS IN DARKNESS yet, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? You don't know what you're missing--steamy and sexy and good!!

Robin Boisseau said...

More heat than I needed on a Sunday morning--with my husband out of the country! Ah, well. Great, hot six.

Jenna Jaxon said...

No wonder you got a contract! Congrats. Awesome six!

Saranna DeWylde said...

Super congrats on the contract. That's awesome. YAY.

And uh, smokin' hot excerpt too.

Hailey Edwards said...

I'm with Gem. I think I've got an idea of what she's got in that bag. LOL

V. hot six!

Lisa Fox said...

You totally have my vote! Good luck!!!

lexcade said...

Tease :P Great snippet! And congrats on the offer!!!

Jessica K said...

Callie needs a partner! Congrats on the sale and book of the month possibility. I can see why your writing sells so well.

laynap said...

Wow. We all know where this is going. Very hot, Laura!

Congrats on the sale too!

L

Laura Kaye said...

Squeeee! Thanks everybody! I'm glad you likey! :)

Lynne Murray said...

Congratulations, Laura, on the new contract and the sizzling book of the month lead--glad to vote for Hearts in Darkness, such a great story. As to what's in the closet, hmmm, something naughty for sure!

Zenobia Renquist said...

Very hot lead in.

~ Renee

J.Rose Allister said...

Chanting..."what's in the bag, what's in the bag, what's in the bag..." LOL! Can't wait to find out next week (I hope!)

Joanne Stewart said...

Very hot snippet. Congrats on the contract and good luck with book of the month!

Jenna McCormick said...

oh, oh what's in the bag? Steamy six!spodles

Alisha Robinson said...

Congrats on the contract! And whoa ... steamy, sexy and a heck of a lot of naughty I love this six!

Stacey Kennedy said...

HOT DAMN! That's um...holy crap...where is my husband!! LOL!

AllureVanSanz said...

That's great! Good job and congrats on your great news.

All my best,
Allure Van Sanz

Shelly said...

That was hot! Congrats!

naelany said...

So fucking proud of you, and so very happy that all of this is happening for you!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks so much everybody for all the great comments today, congrats on the contract, and support with votes.

It means a lot. And those aren't just words.

Jenna Howard said...

Congrats on the sale.

These is some kind of yummy story, Laura.

Dee Carney said...

So what's in the bag?! (Congrats on your sale!)