Sunday, May 29, 2011

Six Sentence Sentence #16!

Welcome back for my sixteenth round of Six Sentence Sunday! Woot! Mad love for everyone who drops in each week, reads, and comments--it means a lot!

This week, six from my new release, a paranormal romance called Forever Freed. In this scene, someone important to heroine Samantha Sutton has just died and Lucien is consoling her.
“Sshh, dolcezza. I’ve got you. It’ll be all right.” I folded my arms around her body and pulled her in, wanting her to feel me there, to have something solid, unmoving, unchanging, to hold onto. I knew what it felt like to lose your whole family at such a young age.
She released her grip and stepped back. “I have to tell Ollie. Will you come with me?”
“You don’t even have to ask.”
Gratuitous but SOOOO sexy!
 Ah, I'm verklempt! *grins*

Do stop by and read and support the Other  Sixers, and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on Sunday! For the Americans in the room, have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Please consider dropping in on my Hearts & Heroes blogpost at Sizzling Hot Book Reviews--I've got man candy!

Thanks for reading and commenting,
Laura

23 comments:

Kathleen Grieve said...

I love the way he supports her! Very tender!

Jessica Subject said...

He is very committed to her. Nice six!

JoAnne Kenrick said...

How wonderfully loving and supportive he is, strong -- he'd sure make me feel better hehe FAB SIX!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Very nice. Tender and sexy.

naelany said...

Love how supportive he is there

Dee Carney said...

Awww! I love him already!

Cate Masters said...

I'm verklempt too. *sigh* Loved this.

Jacqueline said...

Very supportive, and very hard to find in a real man these days.

Sarah Grimm said...

I love him already! So supportive! And the gratuitous pic..Yup, that's sexy!

Zee Monodee said...

Love this supportive side!

Gem Sivad said...

He's a sexy beast with tenderness for her. So neat!

Ginger Simpson said...

I've just come from reading six about an arrogant ass and now you've presented the perfect guy. Great selection.

Carolyn Rosewood said...

Awww... how sweet and tender. :)

Jessica K said...

So nicely done. Another great six.

Rebecca Royce said...

I love that last line. Wonderful six.

Susanna Fraser said...

Aww, I love a compassionate, reliable hero.

Joanne Stewart said...

Love the hero!

Lindsay said...

Tender.

Sandy Ruth said...

What a terrific hero! Also, thank you for introducing me to a new word: verklempt. I looked it up and will use it myself in the future.

AllureVanSanz said...

A strong and gentle man. Every woman's dream.

Great six.

Best,
Allure Van Sanz

Katrina W said...

I need a man like that !!! Love you sss !! Pic is def Gratiutious but sooooooooo darn sexy lol..

kat

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for stopping by everybody! I'm so glad everyone loved Lucien's softer side. I just love this side of him so much! Yes, verklempt is a good word, no?

Jayel Kaye said...

Very touching scene