Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kaye #7: Meet Sylvie Kaye!

I'm thrilled to continue the 30 Days of Kay(e)s Blogfest with a fellow Wild Rose Press author!

Welcome, Sylvie Kaye! 

To start, please tell us how and why you came to use the name Kaye!

K is the first initial of my real name.

Ooh, me too! *grins* Okay, please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I love to read and write and travel.  Since retirement, my husband and are snowbirds, and live in both Arizona and Pennsylvania depending on the weather. I use the different settings from my travels for my books.

That's great for authenticity! Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

My upcoming release is an erotica with Total E-Bound, entitled, Her Sinful Secret. It's an older woman/younger man story.

On her birthday, Wendy Reed received a cake with too many candles from her coworkers, a call from her grown son canceling dinner, and a tempting offer from a man young enough to cause whispers.

His birthday present to her comes with batteries and a remote that he controls. He ends up stimulating her both in and out of bed when he brings passion and adventure into her life.

Um. Gulp. Wow. Why. Doesn’t. This. Ever. Happen. To. Me??? *ducks out to Total E-Bound* Do you have a favorite character from those you’ve written?

I love all the heroes and heroines I write. Each has a part of my heart as I root for them to find love, laughter, and a happily ever after.

As the author, what surprised you about this story?

That an over forty-year-old heroine’s tale morphed into a coming of age story!

What was the hardest thing for you about writing this story?

Digging deep enough into the character’s emotions.

What are you working on right now?

A western that I hope will be part of the new series, Honky Tonk Hearts, at The Wild Rose Press.  I’m also working on a contemporary western mystery, as yet untitled.

The Wild Rose Press is a great publisher to work with—good luck! What happened to the first book you ever wrote?

My first book was titled, Never Dare a Cowboy, and was published by Kensington for their Precious Gem line which has since folded.  It was reissued by LTDBooks in e-format before they closed.

It is now available at Amazon in Kindle format and at my website for download.

What do you find easiest and hardest to write?

Writing is hard, period.  What comes easy varies from book to book.  Sometimes it’s the love scenes that are easy. Sometimes it’s the dialogue. Usually the plot is the most difficult for me, but lately it’s been developing easier.

I’d have to say Deep POV is the most difficult right now.

Have you incorporated actual events or people from your own life into your books?

All the time!  I’ve used traits from people I know or have seen or have been told about from friends. Dialogue I’ve overheard. Quirks I’ve seen. Interesting things happen everywhere, in grocery lines, in restaurant booths, on the streets.  

Is there a theme or message that runs through your work?

I hope people take away the love and laughter and the hope of a happily ever after.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

That I’m an introvert.  That the over-the-top sex scenes I write about only happen in my imagination.

That doesn’t sound familiar at all! Ahem! Which romance book or series do you wish you had written?

Anything written by Sandra Brown. I love her writing. 

Okay, down to some basics:
Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?   Dark, definitely.

Salty or sweet?   Sweet

Bed or kitchen table?  LOL…Bed.   Like I said above, the spiciest stuff is from my imagination not real life!

Beach or mountains?  Beach

Give or receive? Give if we’re talking about gifts :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PARTICIPATING!

Where can we find you on the web?
Thanks so much for being here, Sylvie! Folks, don't hesitate to post comments and questions -- we'll read and respond! :) Thanks for dropping by!
Laura & Sylvie

12 comments:

Sarah Grimm said...

Great interview, ladies!

Sylvie, Her Sinful Secret sounds like a great read! Putting it on my TBR list now.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for stopping by Sarah! What were you doing up so early, woman??? :)

And welcome to Sylvie Kaye! So excited you're here today!

Lisa said...

Awesome interview! I agree, Her Sinful Secret sounds great!

Laura Kaye said...

Woot! Sylvie now has a new release date for HER SINFUL SECRETS! MAY 30!! CONGRATS!

Mary Ricksen said...

I love that you get your ideas for character traits from random people you might meet or conversations you overhear. I do the same thing!
Good luck Sylvie and great blog Laura!

Sylvie said...

Thanks for all the best wishes on my upcoming release!!

Karen Katchur said...

congrats on the release date! Her Sinful Secret sounds sexy and fun. sex toys, eh?

I love spying on people at the grocery store or the gym or whenever I'm out and about. I pick up a lot of character traits that way. and it's fun!

Sylvie said...

Karen, fun and is useful, what could be better! lol

Sylvie said...

In my first book, Never Dare A Cowboy, I overheard several men talking in a line at Cabella's July Sale, and one said to the other, "So-and-so couldn't make it today, he's puttin' up the hay."

I couldn't wait to add that line to my book, and I did! :)

Amy said...

Great post! Glad I stopped by today!

Sylvie said...

Thanks for having me, Laura. You have a beautiful site!

Laura Kaye said...

It was so nice having you here, Sylvie! Great luck and many sales for all your books! I'm still pimping the interview over at The Wild Rose Press birthday celebration! :)