Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sixth Six Sentence Sunday Selebration!

I'm so excited this Six Sentence Sunday because, this week, I got release dates for both of the manuscripts I've been excerpting since I joined this Sunday shindig six weeks ago. In honor of the one releasing first, I've chosen another excerpt from my contemporary romance Hearts in Darkness, about two strangers who get trapped for four hours in a pitch-black elevator.  Despite the lights, you might say Caden and Makenna have hit it off:
Available 4/20/11!

“I feel so good with you.”
“Mmm…can I make you feel even better?” he rasped between slow, dragging kisses up her neck.
Makenna’s head grew dizzy from the promise of what he was offering. She couldn’t believe she was even considering it, but her body screamed at her for thinking she might turn him down. She nodded her face against his.
“Tell me, Red, you gotta say it out loud. I can’t see your face or your eyes, and I don’t want to make any mistakes here.”


Before I offer a little news, please let me first encourage you to visit the other Six Sentence Sunday excerpts by clicking here.  And follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter! Comments on the Six Sunday blurb are always read & appreciated! :)

My announcements:
1) Hearts in Darkness, a contemporary romance, will release 4/20/11 from The Wild Rose Press!
2) Forever Freed, a paranormal romance, will release 5/20/11 from The Wild Rose Press!
3) My cover for Hearts in Darkness is up for a cover contest, and the winner gets some promo opportunities, which would be great given the 2-releases-in-a-month-promostravaganza I'm about to undertake LOL. I'd be mighty appreciative to anyone willing to vote: 1 vote/person, and leave a comment to vote. Click here!

Thanks for reading!
Laura

24 comments:

Kerrianne Coombes said...

Congrats on the releases!! That's one hot cover! Great six xx

Sarah Grimm said...

I voted for your cover. Love it! I have to read this book!

~Sarah

Jessica Subject said...

A very intriguing excerpt!

Congrats on the release dates! I'm going to vote now.

Ella Drake said...

Congrats on the release!
I love his dialog, that he's concerned about getting it right.

Ann Mayburn said...

Oh man, make me tell you how you want it. Meow.

Congratualtions on your upcoming releases! How very very exciting. :)

Sandra Sookoo said...

Great 6 and congrats on the release news!

Gem Sivad said...

I really like this man. I'm hooked already so I'll be watching for the book so I can have more.

Great six and congrats on the upcoming two!

gem

Dee Carney said...

I love that excerpt and congrats on your good news!

Linda Morris, Romance writer said...

This one is a must-read!

Eleri Stone said...

Congratulations on the releases! Love his last statement there. A line like that will make me fall for a character every time.

Pippa Jay said...

I love how he wants to be sure!

Lindsay said...

Sensual. Sexy. Hot. Of, and I lve the cover.

Christa Paige said...

So very intimate and emotionally charged. I'm hooked.

Lauri J Owen said...

Congrats on the releases - and a great six.

Marie Dees said...

Oh, yes, she might want to tell him.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Love that he needs her to tell him and doesn't want to make mistakes. The whole premise of being trapped in the dark is so interesting.

Congrats and best wishes on your double-whammy!

Cate Masters said...

Great six! I'm off to vote for your cover...

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for all the nice comments today! Always makes Sunday so nice!

Jessica K said...

Congrats on your releases! Very good six. We're all wondering why she would ever turn him down!

J.C. Martin said...

Congratulations on your upcoming releases! My, my...fumbling in the dark! Sounds hot!

Laura Kaye said...

Brought me so many smiles today with all your nice comments and congrats, so, thanks!

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Congrats on the new releases, and I voted for your book cover, too!
As for this snippet.... tell him, Red, tell him!!!! Hot stuff :)

Liz said...

Love the six, love the cover

Hailey Edwards said...

Very hot six. Congrats on the new releases!