Saturday, March 12, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday 5: Men. With. Tattoos.

Hello there lovelies! Welcome back for my 5th turn on the #sixsunday merry-go-round. Today, I thought I'd change things up and introduce you to Caden Grayson and Makenna James from my upcoming contemporary romance, Hearts in Darkness. At the beginning of this book, the power fails and traps the two in an elevator, killing the lights and all. Neither had paid much attention to the other beforehand, so they get to know each other during their 4-hour entrapment free of preconceived notions based on physical appearance. Here, they've been asking one another to describe what they look like:


“Like buzz-cut shaved or like baby’s-bottom-soft bald?”
“Give me your hand,” Caden offered. “You can feel for yourself.”
         Makenna gulped down her excitement at finally getting to do what she’d been dying to do most of the night. Her sight gone, she longed for another way to make a more tangible connection to Caden. And between the sex talk—G-rated though it might’ve been, and the plans for a date, and the whispering, and the feeling his body was close to hers, Makenna’s body was starting to vibrate with a heady sense of anticipation that made her stomach flutter and her breath come a little faster. 

And, yes! There will be Romance Trading Cards for this book - scroll down to March 9's post to see them all!  I have to share Caden's at least:
Men. With. Tattoos. = Epic. Win.
Don't forget to check out the other Six Sentence Sunday posts and follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter.  Comments are read enthusiastically and appreciated! :-)  You might, for example, share if you have any tats.  Jus' sayin'.

Thanks for reading!
Laura

29 comments:

Christine said...

Okay, six sentences was not enough! Can't wait to read more. On a side note, I have 4 tattoos- all acquired during my misspent youth...lol. No regrets.

Ella Drake said...

That is some delicious tension!
And the card is great!

Jessica Subject said...

A wonderful excerpt! Makes me want to read more.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Very nice! Loved the premise!

Ann Mayburn said...

O M G I have such a 'thing' for bald men! When is this coming out? I MUST have it. :)

graylinfox said...

Sexy tension!

Stacey Kennedy said...

HOT DAMN...that is all! :)

Laura Kaye said...

Ann--I should have a release date any day now! SOON! :)

Thanks everybody!

Linda Morris, Romance writer said...

Great six! Intriguing set-up, too.

Eleri Stone said...

Love the concept. Love the tension. Curious about the G rated sex talk. Great six!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Very nice. Love the idea that they cannot see, but can FEEL. The trading card is awesome. I wish I could figure out how to make one. Or two. I'm so lame.

Gem Sivad said...

I want to touch too. Great six!!

gem

Lucy Felthouse said...

Mmmmm... I like! :)

Darcy Drake said...

That is one trading card I must collect! Love your pics of guys with tattoos. Yummy!

Jay Di Meo said...

Love elevator encounters! Great six!

J.C. Martin said...

What a delicious premise! And I adore your book cover! Yay for men in TASTEFUL tattoos, like my fiaby! :)

Susanna Fraser said...

What an interesting set-up!

Laurie A. Green said...

Love this premise. Not noticing each other, then being stranded together in the dark in a tight space. Whoa. My imagination is running away with that.

Not much of a fan of tattoos--but can't see them in the dark anyway. LOL

Lisa Fox said...

I love your trading card! Awesome!!

Great six!

heatherthurmeier said...

I like this snippet! Getting stuck in the dark can be very sexy! Love the trading cards too!

Lauri J Owen said...

Very sexy six!

J.Rose Allister said...

Dig that six! Such a great buildup of tension. And give me hot tats any day!

Jayel Kaye said...

Wow. I want more of this

Lynne Murray said...

Great six in the dark! No tattoos here (do cat scratches count?), best relationship progress report line from my real life, "Now I've seen all the tattoos."

Corinne Davies said...

Awesome six! I can't wait to read what happens next ;-)

I have 3.5 tats. The .5 will get finished in a couple weeks.

Kerrianne Coombes said...

Hot, tense, sexy! Great 6

Pippa Jay said...

Great six, very tense. Tattoos? I got my first done a year ago - always wanted one but put it off - until I realised I was getting older. Also as research. I have a Celtic style butterfly on the back of my right wrist where I can admire it, and want more if only I could afford it. Like tribal tattoos but nothing overdone.

Alyssa Fox said...

Great tension and the trading cards are really good.

Keri Ford said...

that's so hot! wonderful!