Saturday, March 5, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday 4!

Lucien Demarco b. Nov. 2, 1858
Modena, Italy

So nice to see everyone again on this fine Sunday. This week, another installment from Forever Freed, my paranormal romance for which I should shortly have a release date! Woooohooooo!  These sentences are from the moment Lucien catches an enemy vampire feeding from the human woman he loves...

        Jacques roared in outrage and dropped Samantha as he whirled on me. “You always did know how to ruin a good time,” he spat.
The world went fucking red with my rage at the image of Samantha’s blood dripping off his fangs. All I could see was my maker, hunched in the darkness over Lena’s body, his crimson eyes and gory teeth flashing to me when I’d interruptednot again!
Jacques was standing too close to Samantha’s crumpled body to act rashly, but then he coughed and sprayed a fine red mist into the air. 
“How ya feeling there, Jacques?” I sneered through sharp fangs as I stalked closer.
[Annnnd cue killer fight scene.... here. ;)]

Be sure to read all the other great six sentence posts, here.  And follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter!

Thanks for the 47 of you who left comments last week--I loved every one! Please consider dropping a line! :)

Thanks for reading,
Laura

34 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Oooooh. Gory!

Katrina W said...

hmmm Red spray of mist !!! Loving your six sentences !! cant wait to read your book !! Im def intrigued !! kat
kittee_cat@bigpond.com

Kerrianne Coombes said...

LOVED it! excellent and vivd! MORE please

Sarah Grimm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Grimm said...

Okay, I can tell this is not my morning. *sigh* Left a comment, dumped it because I called you by the wrong name, then realized I didn't. Need more caffeine!

Laura-

Love your six! I hope you get a release date soon so that I can get my hands on this one!

~Sarah

Jessica Subject said...

Fabulous conflict building! Hope you'll share the fight scene next week.

Gem Sivad said...

Someone is not a happy camper. Great gore and rage.

gem

Ella Drake said...

His rage comes through loud and clear. Great snippet.

Stacey Kennedy said...

Outstanding! LOVE IT!

Laura Kaye said...

Aw, I love y'all!

heatherthurmeier said...

Very descriptive and captivating! Great six.

Ann Mayburn said...

Why did he cough? Was her blood poisoned? Is he going to get his butt kicked? ;)

JoAnne Kenrick said...

spray of red mist -- I love it! Nice gory six this week!

Emma Lai said...

This is my type of scene, Laura. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for more!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Oooh and I'll be that fight scene's gonna be big!

Laura Kaye said...

@Ann--yes, her blood was poisoned--for vampires, at least! @Sandra, let's just say, heads will roll! :) Thanks everybody!

naelany said...

Dear God, I am so going to have to get my hands on this one... somehow.

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Poisoned blood? Wow. Great scene!

Cate Masters said...

Love the sarcasm and conflict. Great scene.

Lisa Fox said...

This is awesome! Gory and intense and so great!!

Keri Ford said...

So vivid in descriptions!

Rebecca Royce said...

Very descriptive writing. I love the blood dripping off the fangs...

Lauri J Owen said...

Uh oh! Lots of bad stuff here! Great six.

Casi said...

Well. This should be interesting. Lots of blood and violence in only six sentences.

lexcade said...

Hehehehehe. Gotta love Vampire fights!

sassyspeaks said...

never thought of them coughing .... ah vamps - love 'em

Jayel Kaye said...

wonderful!

Alanna Coca said...

Wow. Very vivid. Nice job!

Marsha A. Moore said...

His rage is clear! Great six!

Hailey Edwards said...

Wow. Very tense scene. Loved your footnote. LOL

Laurie A. Green said...

Ohhh, great scene and I learned even more in the comments. I can sense his rage, and his control in not acting too rashly. Hope you give us the fight scene (or the start of it) next week.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks so much for your comments today everybody--so much fun as always!

Pippa Jay said...

Ooo, could feel his rage there! :)

Lynne Murray said...

Wow, strong conflict! Looks like vampire blood will flow and soon!