Saturday, February 12, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday


I'm excited to participate in Six Sentence Sunday for the very first time!  I'm pleased to share with you selections from my upcoming paranormal release, FOREVER FREED, coming soon from The Wild Rose Press.  Here's what our vampire hero Lucien Demarco has to say this week:

But I wasn’t surprised he knew what feeding did to me, knew my empathy forced me to suck in my victims’ emotions with each accursed draw of blood.
~~~~~
I listened and nodded in the right places, but was overcome with the certainty her happiness was my irresistible siren song. Like the mariners of old, I would be wrecked in my pursuit of her.
~~~~~
My body craved more blood, my mind yearned for Samantha’s joy. Jesus, I was just hungry.
~~~~~
I just knew, if I could help it, I wouldn’t allow anything or anyone to hurt the beautiful little girl with the seeing eyes.

Ha!  That was fun.  And scary!  But mostly fun!

There are 60+ authors participating this week--follow the link above and check out others' six sentences, too!

Thanks for reading,
Laura

21 comments:

Lauri J Owen said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing it!

Phoenixliv said...

I'd follow the link but this only leaves me wanting more!!

So out of context; I NEED to know what's going on!

Ann Mayburn said...

Very nice! I love how you gave so much depth in such a short time. Great writing. :)

Jessica Subject said...

This is such a great excerpt! Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday. :)

Ella Drake said...

Great look at the hero's internal thoughts.

Eleri Stone said...

Like 'the mariners of old' line especially. I love it when a hero is wrecked for his heroine.

Sarah Grimm said...

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday! Awesome snippet, Laura.

Jayel Kaye said...

Welcome to SSS. I loved your post and I want to read more of it.

Lisa Fox said...

That is an awesome excerpt! Congrats on your upcoming release. I look forward to seeing more of this!

Laura Kaye said...

Aw, I LOVE y'all! How nice to wake up to so many great comments!

I'm squeeing. Quietly, as I have a horrendous sore throat. But on the inside, definite squeeage is occurring. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Jo-Anne Kenrick said...

nice snippet!!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday, Laura. So happy you joined us and your six sentences are great! LOVE the hunger.

Marie Dees said...

Great post! Welcome to #sixsunday

Lex Valentine said...

I like the line about him being hungry. There's something undeniably sexy about a hungry man...er vampire.

Laurie A. Green said...

Welcome to SSS, Laura! Great six.

Loved getting inside his head and his emotions as he yearned for both physical and mental sustenance. It's creepy but with a sensual edginess.

Chrystalla said...

Welcome to SSS - great post!

onmiownnow2 said...

I like hungry men! Even if they are vampires!

Christine said...

He sounds like my kind of hero! Great excerpts -- I like that you pulled sentences from different places in the manuscript instead of using one block. I might try that next time.

Casi said...

Welcome to Sunday Six!

That was a very intriguing set of six.

Kathleen Grieve said...

Wow! Way to roll into your first Six! He is clearly a tortured soul. Hope to see more in the future!

Laura Kaye said...

It was so much fun having all of you drop by! Can't wait for next Sunday! Thanks!