Saturday, February 19, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday, Part Deux!

From my upcoming paranormal, Forever Freed, once again. This week, it's short and...sweet?

“God, Lucien,” she murmured around the edge of a kiss.

The sound of my name out of her mouth in this moment was fascinating, particularly joined as it was by the rich smell of her arousal. Mine. I groaned at the thought and the feeling. Needing this so damn bad, I pulled her harder against me and settled us back against the car. Her body fell between my legs, and I ground my length against her stomach. My desire for her went from “I should stop this” to nuclear in seconds.


Ain't he a cutey? He could grind us into a car any day! LOL (Come back next week and I'll show you his abs--promise!)

Be sure to visit the other lovely participants! It's so much fun! And visit the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter!

If you'd like a little more Lucien and Samantha, scroll down to 2/14 and read the special Valentine's excerpt I posted of their first kiss!

Thanks for reading,
Laura

34 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

Great excerpt! I love the internal thoughts, especially the last line.

Kerrianne Coombes said...

Very hot! xx

Sarah Grimm said...

Yum. Love this snippet!

Ella Drake said...

That last internal thought is awesome.

heatherthurmeier said...

I love this snippet. His internal thoughts are great. I can't wait to read about his abs next week!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Ooh, loved the "..around the edge of a kiss."

graylinfox said...

Wow, hot and sexy!

Gem Sivad said...

I like being in his POV and hearing/seeing/feeling his emotions as they unfold. Well done!

Stacey Kennedy said...

Should stop...but I doubt he will! LOL!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks everybody! Loving the reactions and feedback! And, Stacey, not quite yet! ;)

Taryn Kincaid said...

Great last line: " from 'I should stop this' to nuclear in seconds" !!

Arlene said...

sizzling, and brought to climax perfectly by the nuclear last line.

Layna said...

I absolutely love that last line!

Hailey Edwards said...

Agreeing with everyone else, the last line really set off your excerpt.

Laurie A. Green said...

Going nuclear. I love that! It's always fun being in the male POV. Love his how his desire seems to escalate beyond his control.

Also loved reading your Valentine's Day excerpt. Oh la la! That sizzled!

Trish said...

Can you say sexy?
Okay, you don't need to actually say it since you showed it so well.

Great Job. Great Six.

Chrystalla said...

Go, Lucien! :-) Nice snippet!

Eleri Stone said...

So much to like here. I want more.

naelany said...

*clears throat* I think I need a few things. Time. Money. And More! ;-) Love it

Lisa Fox said...

That is a HOT snippet. Loved it!

Liz said...

Love the last line. Nice 6

Alyssa Fox said...

Very hot, loved it.

Dee Carney said...

Whoa. Smokin!

Lauri J Owen said...

Oh yeah - sweet is is! ;-p

Ann Mayburn said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my. I love a good hero's POV scene. :D

Casi said...

He's a cutey, and that certainly was a steamy six.

Miranda Buchanan said...

Cool post. :)

Lynne Murray said...

Great hot transition to nuclear six!

Emily Cale said...

Love all his internal thoughts. Great voice.

Lex Valentine said...

That is a great last line!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting everyone! Six sentence Sunday is so much fun and I'm pleased to get to know y'all and your writing better! :)

Pippa Jay said...

Cute!

D. F. Krieger said...

Love men with dark hair. Love the name Lucien. And, imagine that, loved the excerpt!

Laura Kaye said...

Y'all are so awesome! Can't wait for this Sunday! Do we want more Lucien?