Saturday, February 26, 2011

Review of Amanda Forester, The Highlander's Sword

Highlander's SwordHighlander's Sword by Amanda Forester

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thought this was a fun, sexy, suspenseful story and I devoured it in less than 8-hours time.  Padyn MacLaren is all wounded alpha male, with a scar and long-ass sword to boot (hehe).  Lady Aila Graham is unique and likable--educated, her secret pre-dawn horse rides the source of neighborhood ghost stories that Robert the Bruce rides among the Highlands still, and she's the fastest damn horseman of ANY character in the book. I love that every man she rides with eats her dust. Many of the secondary characters were also likable and well developed--Chaumont the Frenchman was total win and offered so much perfectly timed comic relief, Aila's parents were compelling and had their own interesting subplot, and their are bad guys and schemes galore.  You might get a little frustrated (right alongside Padyn and Aila) with the number of times they are, er, ----blocked from consummating their marriage, but I thought it was often cute and upped the sexual tension between them, such that by the time they finally dewww eeet he's nearly in tears to get all those pesky layers of medieval garb off his fine warrior bum.

I can't say enough about this story.  I found it hugely entertaining and romantic, and it left me wanting more.  Highly recommmend!

Thanks for reading,
View all my reviews

No comments: