Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Feel Good!

Dunna dunna dunna dun.  And I knew that I would.  Dunna dunna dunna dun.  I fee-eee-eel good...

Oh, pardon me.

Why am I channeling the Godfather of Soul, you ask?

Cause this is the best week I've had in a while.  I've been sick on and off for three weeks, and while I'm not 100% (no voice, still some breathing problems hanging on after the flu), I feel better than I have in a while.  And that means *cue trumpets*:

I'm writing again!

And it feels so good!  I've started on a new story, a light paranormal with a Christmas theme (SNOW'S MAN--how awesome is that title???).  The words are flowing just like they used to--12,000 words in the past few days!  I'm not having to fight for them like I did with the last manuscript.  And, if that wasn't exciting enough, this puppy's running longer than I thought.  Here I was thinking I was writing a 30K novella, but now I'm not so sure.  And if this stretches into novel territory, even if it's on the short side, I might have to do some reconsidering.

Though, that's getting ahead of myself. :)

Hope something has you feeling good these days!  If so, tell us all about it!

Thanks for reading,
Laura

2 comments:

PurdueLiz said...

Wish my muse would visit me like that! So happy you've got the writing juices flowing.

Right now, the weather is making me feel good. Spring is around the corner. Though it's been acting like it's already here the last few days. 77 yesterday and it's 69 right now. I slept with my window open last night and it was one of the best night's sleep in awhile, I love the fresh air. The allergies however, I could do without. :)

naelany said...

I told you on twitter already, but I'll say it again: I'm glad you found your voice again ;-)
Can I borrow a cup or two of mojo? ;-)

Can't wait to hear more about Snow's Man