Thursday, December 2, 2010

NaNope and Beyond

Hi all--I have emerged from my flu-and-turkey-induced stupor to find a new month has dawned. And, with it, yet another chance for winning NaNoWriMo. I wrote 18,000 words between November 1 and 17 before succumbing to an awful head cold that quickly evolved into ye olde influenza. Who knows if I would've made it or not, as I was behind pace anyway.  Still, I now have 18,000 more words than before, and that puts me at a grand total of 64,000 on the WIP (yes, I was a bad girl not following directions and trying to use NaNo for motivation to make progress on the never-ending WIP).

Now, as I enter the heaviest workload part of the season with final paper and exam grading, I'm setting out some new goals to bring a 2010-end to this manuscript.  I'm making a New Years Resolution early:

The current WIP will be fully drafted by the end of 2010.

I'm shooting for approximately 85,000 words and estimate I have about seven chapters left.  So I need seven good writing days of about 3,000 words each. Completely doable! Totally. Yesiree.

Congratulations to all you NaNo divas. A lot of y'all really cranked out the wordage and won big. It was inspiring to see!

Thanks for reading,
Laura

6 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Sorry a nasty bug didn't mend its ways soon enough, but happy you're feeling better. I was in your slippers this time last year, no fun! But goal completion is near...write on!

KarenG said...

Hey sometimes it happens. Or not. It didn't happen for me this year either, but I'm thinking of some kind of challenge to set myself next year.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks guys!

naelany said...

Happy to hear you're feeling better. And at least you got ahead some ;-)

Ann Best said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Best said...

Sorry about the above. Here goes again....

To use NaNo to make progress on a WIP I think it perfect. Congratulations, and I'm sorry you got so ill.

I see you live where you have a view of Chesapeake Bay. That means we're neighbors--sort of. I live with my disabled daughter in Harrisonburg, Virginia. I LOVE the Shenandoah Valley!!

Congrats on your upcoming publication, and I love your colorful blog. I'm going to be keeping in touch.
Ann Best, Long Journey Home