2010 was great to me, so I thought I'd take a moment to celebrate all the good that came my way.
2) Got my first contract for a novella, Hearts in Darkness, from The Wild Rose Press
3) Got my first ever book covers
4) Launched my pen name, Laura Kaye
5) Attended my first ever RWA National Conference (and got to meet so many online friends in person!)
6) Got a request for a full in my first ever RWA agent pitch appointment
7) Completed 1 full novel, 3 novellas, and extensive edits on another novel
8) Got involved with the Maryland Romance Writers, a great group of ladies I've really come to respect and value (I'd add election as MRW Vice President, but since I ran unopposed...lol)
9) Semi-finaled in one contest and finaled in another
10) Didn't final in the Golden Heart, but got a kick-ass score for Forever Freed that left me squeeing for days (42.10 out of 45, baby!)
2010 was the year I really came to think of myself as an author and a writer, and writing has become so central to my self-conception, it's hard to imagine life without it. So, huzzahs for 2010! If 2011 is half as good, it'll be damn great.
What are you celebrating as the old year ends?
Thanks for reading,